She loves me, she loves me not...

Discussion in 'Macro, Flowers, Insects, and Greenery' started by Neeper, Dec 20, 2005.

1. I took this shot in a little town in Germany called St. Goar. Population: 20? I really don't know how many people lived there, since I never saw 1 local that day. It was really weird. Noneless, I like this shot of this little daisy. I shot on macro with my crappy Tamron 70-300mm.

[​IMG]

2. Steve S

Steve S

Feb 1, 2005
    SE Florida
    Nice composition Johnny, but it's not the lens that's making this less than an excellent pic, it's your post work. I think you need to sharpen your image after reducing it for web. This one looks like it wasn't. I did this to your image, and also added a touch more brightness using the Curves command, and it made a world of difference in how it looked. If you wanna see it just let me know, and I'll tell ya how much of what I used.

3. Of course!!! Please tell me. I am trying to learn curves, but I haven't got a hold of it real good yet.

4. Steve S

Steve S

Feb 1, 2005
    SE Florida
    Well, I learned a neat little trick in Curves that Vernon here does to his shots. He simply slides the top "button" to the left a little, and if necessary, (I didn't do this to your pic), slide the bottom "button" to the right a little. These "buttons" are located at both ends of the diagonal line in the Curves command. Then I added a goodly amt of USM @Amt 120%, Radius, .9, Threshold 0. I combined both yours and my shots, so you could see them side by side for a better comparison.
    [​IMG]

5. thanks Steve, I'll try your suggestion!