1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Shears!

Discussion in 'Formal Portraits and Weddings' started by Skittledoo, Apr 12, 2010.

1. These two photos are from a photoshoot I did a while back ago. I just got a new laptop because my other one crashed and I haven't taken any new photos recently because I didn't have a computer to edit on so I decided in the meantime to troll through old photoshoots I've done and see if there were any photos that jumped out at me that hadn't my first time around editing.

I've been trying to figure out some new effects in photoshop that I can play around with. I usually shoot a lot of crisp clean natural images, but I've been in the mood to get a little more creative and artsy with some of my photos. I really wanted to give these photos an older vintage feel and added some dust and scratches. I think I'm really happy with the outcome.

C&C welcome

1) The only thing I don't really like about this photo is the sunglasses on top of her head. I wish I had noticed that when I was shooting and done some without, but other then that I like this one.
    Shears_by_skittledoo.jpg
    Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

2) This one is my favorite photo from this series. It's pretty much a cropped version of #1, but I love the emotion I feel when I see this photo. It almost reminds me of something off the cover of a horror movie.
    Shears_2_by_skittledoo.jpg
    Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

2. lmyamen

lmyamen Guest

LOVE #2 it leaves me with an erie feeling, its creepy in a good way ha!

3. ravensjeff

ravensjeff

Sep 10, 2009
    Maryland
    I agree...I like number 2. I'd have rather not seen number 1. Not that there is anything wrong with it, just that number 2 should stand alone and is lessened slightly by being shown with first one.

Great work.

4. I agree with the other 2 agrees??HUH I like #2
    The glasses in #1 would not pose a problem to remove. The photo does remind me of a 50's photograph but I would age the photo a bit more around her face or add a scratch or 2. I like both photo's.

5. CCPhotography

CCPhotography

Feb 2, 2010
    Fl
    Number two is great. The min i looked at it, it gave me the feeling that she was in a horror movie.

6. Number 2 made me think she read the thread about someones "Sunday Morning" that I was just reading LOL.

Love the vintage, can you tell us how you did it? Did you use an action?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.