She's Ba-aack! (Jesse)

After nearly 5 months of not speaking to one another, out of the blue, I get a call from Jesse, my favorite practice model. She wanted to get some shots of her and her dog, Sheba, before the dog gets any older, and her arthritis worsens. Here's a few of my faves. Any comments good bad, or otherwise, appreciated. I'm here to learn people! :tongue:
Oh ya, D2x/85 f1.4 @2.8 used.

Jess-Sheba_4445.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Jess-Sheba_4473.jpg

Jess-Sheba_4408.jpg

Smack dab between the Wolverines and the Spartans
So sweet! As the owner of an arthritic dog, I understand the sentiment completely!

I like the first shot a lot...you captured the emotion of both Jesse and Sheba. I like how the tree sort of frames the shot, too.

The second makes me LOL...Sheba's expression is priceless! I wish Jesse were smiling a little bit more, but you can't have everything :biggrin:

On the third, I just want to rip that tree out and move it to the right of the dog! Both Jesse and Sheba look wonderful in the shot, but that tree seems to be dividing them.

I'm sure Jesse will love the shots. Heck, if they were mine, I'd hang every one of them on the wall! I'm a sucker for dog photos :smile:

Nice to see Jesse back in front of your lens. These are very nice images Steve with good color, focus and interest. Like Sommer, I think the tree in the third image is in an unfortunate position. Hope to see more of this lovely young lady.

Dang it you two,

I positioned them between that tree intentionally! :confused: Guess that wasn't such a good idea, huh? I initially didn't know where to shoot from without that tree growing out of their heads, so I put it between them! Betcha can't tell I dragged out the 47 in Octabox softbox out into the yard for the first two, can ya? I wanted a bit more light, since the cloud cover was so thick. Nothing like a little fill from and Alien Bees SB400! :eek:

Nice shots. The first is my favorite, you captured a nice moment. The second one's nice but her expression doesn't quite look natural/relaxed. The third one, her expression is better. My problem with it is not so much the tree, but that the dog is turned the wrong way and there's no visual connection/closeness between them.

Real Name
Chris
Like everybody else the tree between the subjects has a seperation effect that puts distance between them. This is only compounded by the way you began the thread:
Steve S said:
After nearly 5 months of not speaking to one another ...
From an emotional impact/storytelling aspect, this is killer Steve.

but, but but,

Chris101 said:
Like everybody else the tree between the subjects has a seperation effect that puts distance between them. This is only compounded by the way you began the thread:
From an emotional impact/storytelling aspect, this is killer Steve.
:confused:

You do know I meant 5 mo of me & Jesse not speaking to one another, and not her and her dog, right? :wink: Thanks for your thoughts, Chris.

Thanks Jeff, I really do need to go over these again with a fine tooth comb to pick the best ones. Did that once right after the shoot with her, but somehow after I cleaned out my temp files and rebooted, all the tag marks disappeared. Never happened before. So, I hurried up and picked these out to get the on the board in a timely manner. Odd, isn't it? Thanks Jeff.

Real Name
Chris
I was thinking it was all Freudian. A subconscious photographic metafor? :rolleyes: :wink:

Just funnin' with ya Steve. The first pic, where she's in profile, is excellent. The other two are ok, but #1 stands out, both compositionally and set/setting too.

T

trebs

A nice series there. Attentive, partners, ready to face anything
I don't know the full story, but I hope she hangs around for more shoots. Plus of course, Sheba :)

regards, Rob.

No, Dennis, it was pro bono

:biggrin:
D.R.Barnhart said:
Nice photos, Steve!

(I guess I don't need to mention the tree thing, eh?)

Dennis

PS You did charge HER for this session... right?

When she initially contacted me, she did offer to pay, but I would have none of that. Being that she was a "woman scorned" and all, I'm trying to get back in her good graces. :biggrin:
Thanks for the comments guys! Soon as I get a bit of free time, I'll comb through all of them and find a few more good ones I'll post.

Hey steve nice work again. First two are very nice. I feel bit distracted by the blanket on the grass.

I think i would made the same mistake with the third photo with the tree. So is good to see that photo. Somebody said that it seperates the woman and the dog and that makes sense, so i learned something new because of your photo.

She is a nice looking woman. And very nice dog and looks like the dog likes modelling to.

5 Months is a long time to not talking to somebody. But i can see that it clicked again for the camera. Hope to see more of your work soon.

Greetings,
VinceBeus

Thanks Vince, she had a hard time keeping a straight faace

so to speak, anyway. I was really trying hard to get Sheba's attention, and in my zealousness, I had to act pretty silly. This was cracking up Jesse, so I got too many wildly laughing shots of her, with her face all scrunched up and squinting. Was a fun shoot for both of us, which was important in rebuilding our working relationship. :biggrin:

Latest threads

Top Bottom