She's still putting up with the Creamy Machine

Discussion in 'People' started by sclamb, May 2, 2007.

1. sclamb

sclamb

Jan 2, 2007
    London
    I think I need to stop taking pictures of my wife and find some alternative willing subjects to point my lens at. She has now threatened to hide my new lens if I don't stop. I think it is a disease. As soon as I get in the house I pick up the camera with said lens attached and off I go :smile:

[​IMG]

2. aw. I like this, great pose for her. It looks a little off with the white balance to me.. this is probably still a little off but closer. feel free to have me delete it or you delete it or however that works. Glen03.

3. I agree Laura, your WB looks better. The original shot looks almost greenish to me.

4. It looks like it was originally shot using fluorescent light or with a strong fluorescent light component as a part of mixed lighting.

5. Gr8Tr1x

Gr8Tr1x Guest

Nice and sharp. Lovely.

6. sclamb

sclamb

Jan 2, 2007
    London

Thanks Laura. I was up late doing this and I was getting tired eyes. My wife has very pale skin and I was trying to warm it up using a technique I learnt from another site. I think I overdid it and made it look too green. Yours is probably better but I cannot really tell as my monitor at work isn't calibrated. I shall look again this evening and then try and re-process the pic to look more natural.

7. sclamb

sclamb

Jan 2, 2007
    London
    Laura, I'm looking now on my calibrated monitor at home and your version has too much red in the har and skin. Not your fault of course as it is never easy to alter someone else's picture, especially when you don't have the original file.

My wife has very pale skin (the Celtic blood in her I guess) so I always try and warm it up a bit, just I went too far with my original image. I have re-processsed it and warmed it up very slightly, so this is pretty much her skin and hair colour.

[​IMG]

Thanks for taking the time to have a go at correcting the original :smile: