Shhhh...

Discussion in 'Birds' started by Uncle Frank, May 21, 2005.

1. Be very quiet, and don't make any sudden moves! The first hummingbird to claim my feeder this
    year is a shy young male, and scoots away at any sound or movement. I managed to grab this picture, though.
    It's not very good, but I was just trying to get him used to me and the gear, and only used a single flash
    on-camera.

Hey, it's a start :lol: :p 8).

original.

2. drueter

drueter

Apr 24, 2005
    Southeast Texas
    Nice shot, Frank! I just wish I could get some to come to our yard! Got the feeder, flowers, perches, etc, etc, but only 1 hummer for a couple of days all year.

3. NeilCam

NeilCam

Feb 21, 2005
    Ottawa, Ontario
    Reminds me, I must clean out my feeder.

Nice shot, although the background could probably benefit from a run through Neat Image or the like. :)

Good talkin' to you today Frank.

Neil

4. Don, not to worry. It's very early in the season. Keep the feeder filled, and they'll come!

Neil, I did run it through NeatImage. It was a real mess... underexposed by 2 stops. Great talking to you, too :).

5. Luv these little guys, just got back from my trip. 7GB's later. LOL.............I have never been exposed to these little guys but always wanted to so took my 3 days in search, and I found them ;-) .
    They are like an oversized bee. LOL Still post processing

Nice capture, I have allot more respect in capturing these little guys. ( is this a black chin hummer?) Look forward to seeing more Frank!

Keith

6. Hey, Keith. Hope you bagged your limit of hummerpics :).

This little guy is a juvenile male Anna's Hummingbird. He's just illuminated poorly.

7. For your lighting setup I think you did quite well.

8. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    Frank, I certainly don't see anything to complain about on this one. Nice shot.

9. Very nice shot, Frank!! :D :D :D