Shhhh...

Discussion in 'Birds' started by Uncle Frank, May 21, 2005.

1. Be very quiet, and don't make any sudden moves! The first hummingbird to claim my feeder this
    year is a shy young male, and scoots away at any sound or movement. I managed to grab this picture, though.
    It's not very good, but I was just trying to get him used to me and the gear, and only used a single flash
    on-camera.

Hey, it's a start :lol: :p 8).

original.

2. drueter

drueter

Apr 24, 2005
    Southeast Texas
    Nice shot, Frank! I just wish I could get some to come to our yard! Got the feeder, flowers, perches, etc, etc, but only 1 hummer for a couple of days all year.

3. NeilCam

NeilCam

Feb 21, 2005
    Ottawa, Ontario
    Reminds me, I must clean out my feeder.

Nice shot, although the background could probably benefit from a run through Neat Image or the like. :)

Good talkin' to you today Frank.

Neil

4. Don, not to worry. It's very early in the season. Keep the feeder filled, and they'll come!

Neil, I did run it through NeatImage. It was a real mess... underexposed by 2 stops. Great talking to you, too :).

5. Luv these little guys, just got back from my trip. 7GB's later. LOL.............I have never been exposed to these little guys but always wanted to so took my 3 days in search, and I found them ;-) .
    They are like an oversized bee. LOL Still post processing

Nice capture, I have allot more respect in capturing these little guys. ( is this a black chin hummer?) Look forward to seeing more Frank!

Keith

6. Hey, Keith. Hope you bagged your limit of hummerpics :).

This little guy is a juvenile male Anna's Hummingbird. He's just illuminated poorly.

7. For your lighting setup I think you did quite well.

8. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    Frank, I certainly don't see anything to complain about on this one. Nice shot.

9. Very nice shot, Frank!! :D :D :D

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.