Ship Shape and Ready for Sea

Well, maybe not.

original.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

I wouldn’t set foot on it. All the other boats in the yard had their propellers covered in barnacles. This one didn’t. Looks like firewood to me.

I wonder if it even has an engine. This is the only photo I took of this boat.

with it being in dry dock, I'm hoping someone is hoping to restore it. It would eventually be a lovely little day crusier. I know restoration could be done - I watched a 1954 Matthews get restored - it was awesome!

Restoration could probably be done, but would it be worth it. Cost would be astronomical. This has probably been sitting there for years. Had to Google Matthews as I’m not a boat person. I would think that would have some value once restored. This would only be valuable to the owner. May be some sentimental value. Maybe it was grandpas boat.

Nice capture.

Thank you.

Restoration could probably be done, but would it be worth it. Cost would be astronomical. This has probably been sitting there for years. Had to Google Matthews as I’m not a boat person. I would think that would have some value once restored. This would only be valuable to the owner. May be some sentimental value. Maybe it was grandpas boat.

Thank you.

I'm very much a boat person - grew up sailing, helped build a 45 ft ketch, helped in some of the inner restoration onboard the Matthews. Perhaps I'll scan a photo or 2 to show ya. It was a lovely boat when sold.

being an x commercial salmon fisher, I am always amazed the projects some people undertake, I did it for 25 years, when I first started there were boats in the boat yard being restored, when I left 25 years later the same boats were still there being worked on..................:eek: some people just love working on boats, at the end of the day day sit back have a beer and look at what they have accomplished.:rolleyes:

I'm very much a boat person - grew up sailing, helped build a 45 ft ketch, helped in some of the inner restoration onboard the Matthews. Perhaps I'll scan a photo or 2 to show ya. It was a lovely boat when sold.

I think I can count the number of times I’ve been on boats on my fingers, and not use all of them. Some of them were tied up. In high school, my best friends father kept a small sailboat at the marina. We used to take girls there. Went to a high school prom on an aircraft carrier. As far as moving on water boats. I think about 3 times in my 66 years.

being an x commercial salmon fisher, I am always amazed the projects some people undertake, I did it for 25 years, when I first started there were boats in the boat yard being restored, when I left 25 years later the same boats were still there being worked on..................:eek: some people just love working on boats, at the end of the day day sit back have a beer and look at what they have accomplished.:rolleyes:

The yard is full of boats like this one, although not in as bad of shape as this one. Projects that have been there for years. There are several that are obviously home to their owners. Boat stands for “Break Out Another Thousand”. I’ve heard that a lot. True with most hobbies.

Latest threads

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Forum GIFs powered by GIPHY: https://giphy.com/
Copyright © Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom