Shipping fiasco

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Doug, Jul 10, 2007.

1. Doug

Doug

Jan 17, 2006
    East TN
    Well, finally, something new to deal with! I had 4 packages to ship today, one had to go UPS to guarantee delivery in California 3 day (no, not a photographic thing), so I decided to ship my other 3 outgoing packages, yes, a big ship day! Well, 1 package was photographic, but I am not at liberty to say to who or what. ;)

Anyway, when the clerk quoted my invoice tix amount of $101 and change, I thought dang, something sure cost more than I thought based on what rates you were reading me. Yes, the 50 feet speaker cables going to California were half of it (50.00) but then 3 other fairly small boxes, even if many $ involved total.

Anyway, it was a rush, a line behind me, a clerk that took forever, so I left without really questioning it. I started to look at my ticket, but got side tracked calling a customer on my cell.

Tonight I was looking up some tracking numbers and found another shipper's name, another ship to's name, that I have nothing to do with! In fact, my amount WAS high as I aniticipated, by $12.40. When I questioned the amount, the agent should have found it... but Just weird, how does someone else's ticket get into my order when no-one else used the register. UNLESS, he never totaled someone's order, and let them skate free? But it was at the bottom of my ticket, even more confusing.

I have to call tomorrow morning to get it squared away, hopefully without a return trip.

Moral of the story? Watch your invoices when shipping multiple packages or you may pay for someone else's shipment! This was not at a UPS store, this was at a main processing center.

2. I had a glitch once with UPS: I was shipping several boxes home to myself from NC and also one box to a friend in Maine. Somehow the guy doing the UPS stickers didn't notice that the address on one package was different from all the rest -- and ALL of the packages arrived at my doorstep at home! Oops! Fortunately in this instance i was able to take care of it by giving the package to the friend personally when we met up a couple of months later, but still...

3. Open an on-line UPS account. You can then package up your stuff, print out a shipping label with the correct address, put it on the package, and drop it off at any UPS store, UPS station, UPS drop-off point, hand it to a driver, etc.

No waiting in line either. Just go the head of the line and set it on the counter with a smile and a wave. You can then leave and get on with the rest of your life.

All you need is a credit card, computer with Internet access, a printer, and some tape.

Works for me and if there's a labeling screw up I know who to blame.

4. GoGo

GoGo

Apr 20, 2006
    New York
    well

watch the dollars and the cents take care of themselves