Shipwreck

Discussion in 'Transportation' started by tojor, Sep 23, 2005.

1. tojor

tojor

Jul 27, 2005
    Denmark
    As I was walking along the beach a few days ago searching for something to shoot, I saw this ship lying near the shore.

2. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Really nice images.

3. Leigh

Leigh

Feb 19, 2005
    Alabama
    Torben,
    I saw the first one and thought what beautiful colors...but when I got to the second....Oooh, I loved it! Such a moody shot...Fantastic!!!!!

4. Baywing

Baywing

Feb 22, 2005
    CT USA
    Both shots are very well done, and convey completely different moods. I would assume that it is a recent wreck and will be gone soon? I have not seen anything like that in the USA, they would have it all blocked off, surrounded with yellow crime scene tape......you are fortunate to have had the opportunity!

5. eng45ine

eng45ine

May 11, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    Both images are nice...but the second image is striking with the light rays coming through the clouds and the detail diminished on the ship. Great captures.

6. tojor

tojor

Jul 27, 2005
    Denmark
    Thank you for your comments. I appricate them very much.

I was quite surprised to see that ship on the shore. I was down at the beach when the sun was setting hoping for some sunset pictures when I saw the ship. I had not read about in our local newpaper. A lot of people were strolling along the beach to see the ship. When I walked home the clouds came and it looked real pretty with the backlight. I think I'll go down there this weekend to see if it is still there.

7. Nice images of this boat. My favorite is the late evening shot. Like the composition and overall look of it. The boat itself look to be in pretty good repair and it makes me wonder why it went aground. Hopefully some one will rescue it.

8. tojor

tojor

Jul 27, 2005
    Denmark
    Thanks Gordon.

I was told that it has been lying there for 14 days now. I'm really surprised that the owners did not remove it. I seem totally intact. Maybe there is some insurance questions involved.

9. That boat don't seem to be to old, I hope the recuperate it. The color and composition are very good.