1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Critique Shoes

Discussion in 'Black and White' started by Mike Buckley, Nov 5, 2018.

1. I just loved the shoes this woman, a photographer, was wearing while visiting the George Eastman House and Museum. She kindly and patiently posed for me. Unfortunately, when she input her email address into my cell phone so I could send her the photo, apparently neither she nor I saved the information.

EDIT:
    She put the information in my wife's phone (not mine) and it was properly saved, so I have sent this image to her. This makes me especially happy because she complained that she was wearing white socks, not realizing of course that she would be photographed. I thought her socks looked fine. Even so, my email to her explains that I changed her socks from white to black and that, indeed, I now see that black socks do look better.

Mike 2018-10-11--1519-S.jpg
    Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Last edited: Nov 5, 2018
    • Like Like x 2
  2. Those are flashy, nice she let you photograph them.

3. Great image Mike. This is another one of those images that you had to see before you took it. That's hard.
    I really like this- although that is only an opinion.
    Thanks for sharing
    Gary

4. Thank you to Rick and Gary!

When the model suggested that we move to a different area that had a plain floor, I immediately explained that I had a scene in mind that would incorporate the lines in the floor. I'm glad I stuck to my guns.

5. Excellent eye for this shot. IMO the lines in the floor make this shot. And, the black socks also help.

Glenn

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Great eye and nice composition Mike.

7. Well seen and captured, Mike!
    A happy image.

I wonder what the effect would be if you removed the two partial lines in the upper corners.

8. Thank you to Glenn, Binnur and Bart!

The symmetry of the three small, bright triangles (top left, top right and bottom center) are a special touch for me. If I would eliminate the two small lines you mentioned, the interest of those three triangles would be removed.

9. I rarely- up until now never- like triangles in the corners of pictures.
    Never never say never never- because I think they work very well in this picture
    Gary

10. I was pretty sure you left those for a reason, Mike :) 
    I was just wondering why.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.