Shohola Falls

Hey everyone!

I went out to Shohola Falls, PA today, about an hour away from me with a friend of mine (see pictures from her shoot here) and ended up with some shots of the falls themselves that i enjoyed.

Hope you like them!

5711526587_7d260b031e_b.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

5712085346_dc59df63f7_b.jpg

5712084486_b02f800a1c_b.jpg

5711524641_f9d5bfc4dd_b.jpg

Your first one is your best one in my opinion. I think it could benefit from a slight curves adjustment in photoshop. That would really make the colors pop.

It also looks like you might have a few dust spots on your sensor...

Commodorefirst

Admin/Moderator
Administrator
Hard to shoot these scenes in these lighting conditions with the bright sky in the background, some nice locations and framing that you decided on. You might consider trying some bracketing and merging or HDR to get some better photos with the bright sky in the background.

Also, this is a good time to crank up the active D lighting to max on your D300, for high contrast shots like this. This will help keep the highlights under control in the sky and bring out the shadows. That would have helped out a lot too. On these shots the blown skies takes away so much from the subject of the falls.

My suggestion would be to 1. Turn on Active D lighting to high, expose for the sky by taking a few pics and 2. maybe just bumping the EV a little to brighten the shadows a touch more, then 3. working on shadow recovery and other things in post . In NX Photoshop or other programs you can select the sky to stay darker, while you work with the rest of the image.

A polarizer would be a nice touch too on your lens for this type of shot.

all my best, good luck and thanks for sharing.

Wade

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Forum GIFs powered by GIPHY: https://giphy.com/
Copyright © Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom