Shooting a wedding in a Catholic church in 4 hours -- Last minute questions....

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by stayathomedad, Jul 19, 2008.

1. stayathomedad

stayathomedad

Mar 11, 2008
    Alaska
    I have a few last minute questions for a free wedding I'm doing in a few hours... I've never shot in a catholic church, so it should be interesting...

Here are some snapshots from last night...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

QUESTION 1 - I was assuming that I would not be allowed to use flash, but last night the Decan said he didn't have a problem with flash. So should I stick with TTL or TTL-BL? Because today is overcast, the lighting will be only so-so... I'm thinking that I'll be forced to use some sort of flash setup during the service. Do you have any thoughts on this?

QUESTION 2 - Do you have any recommendations for setting up the formals at the alter after the ceremony? Is there anything I should consider?

QUESTION 3 - I was considering using a sb600/umbrella setup off to the left when shotting the formals... Is this something to even bother with? I'm kind of thinking of just slapping on a sb600 to the camera and adjusting the power with the flash dead on... If I was to use the umbrella setup, is there a specific angle or hight I should consider with respect to the alter and so forth? Should I also think about using a sb600 on the d300 for fill light?

My gear includes -

D300
    18-200 vr
    12-24 tokina
    70-200 2.8
    50 1.8
    2 sb600s

Thanks

2. Good luck. I hope the bride and groom don't know you're getting cold feet! :eek:

Just shoot it, keep things simple. Making it complicated for yourself will just give you a headache.