1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Shooting a wedding in a Catholic church in 4 hours -- Last minute questions....

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by stayathomedad, Jul 19, 2008.

1. stayathomedad

stayathomedad

Mar 11, 2008
    Alaska
    I have a few last minute questions for a free wedding I'm doing in a few hours... I've never shot in a catholic church, so it should be interesting...

Here are some snapshots from last night...

church1.

church2.

church3.

QUESTION 1 - I was assuming that I would not be allowed to use flash, but last night the Decan said he didn't have a problem with flash. So should I stick with TTL or TTL-BL? Because today is overcast, the lighting will be only so-so... I'm thinking that I'll be forced to use some sort of flash setup during the service. Do you have any thoughts on this?

QUESTION 2 - Do you have any recommendations for setting up the formals at the alter after the ceremony? Is there anything I should consider?

QUESTION 3 - I was considering using a sb600/umbrella setup off to the left when shotting the formals... Is this something to even bother with? I'm kind of thinking of just slapping on a sb600 to the camera and adjusting the power with the flash dead on... If I was to use the umbrella setup, is there a specific angle or hight I should consider with respect to the alter and so forth? Should I also think about using a sb600 on the d300 for fill light?

My gear includes -

D300
    18-200 vr
    12-24 tokina
    70-200 2.8
    50 1.8
    2 sb600s

Thanks

2. Good luck. I hope the bride and groom don't know you're getting cold feet! :eek: 

Just shoot it, keep things simple. Making it complicated for yourself will just give you a headache.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.