Shooting In The Fog

I went out early Saturday to the lake for some more practice and got rained out. :frown: We needed the rain very badly!

I went back early Sunday and there was fog everywhere! I've never shot in fog so any pointers would be appreciated.

Here are a few shots of my attempt at shooting in fog using a tripod (for a change!:tongue:) and CP.

100810817.gif
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

View attachment 227739

View attachment 227740

#4 (Ok, I like this tree. Can I keep it?:smile:)
View attachment 227741

Thanks,

MikeT

Lovely! #1 and #2 look like they were shot at dusk rather than near dawn. I would like to try shooting in the fog, what did you meter off of?

Thanks,

well....
you might have never shot in the fog before
but... i sure hope you will again soon

these are TERRIFIC
very nice series of images
peaceful
mysterious
wonderful

thanks for sharing them with us

Lovely! #1 and #2 look like they were shot at dusk rather than near dawn. I would like to try shooting in the fog, what did you meter off of?

Thanks,

Thanks DaniLew!

I arrived at the lake around six am so it was still quite dark. The fog scatters available light so it would be difficult to meter off anything. I took bracket shots, then checked the histogram. The lighting changed very fast and the fog got more dense.

It was an interesting shoot for me.

MikeT

I arrived at the lake around six am so it was still quite dark. The fog scatters available light so it would be difficult to meter off anything. I took bracket shots, then checked the histogram. The lighting changed very fast and the fog got more dense.

Thanks for the info, Mike.

Latest threads

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Forum GIFs powered by GIPHY: https://giphy.com/
Copyright © Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom