1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Shooting In The Fog

Discussion in 'Landscapes, Architecture, and Cityscapes' started by MikeT, Jul 27, 2008.

1. I went out early Saturday to the lake for some more practice and got rained out. :frown: We needed the rain very badly!

I went back early Sunday and there was fog everywhere! I've never shot in fog so any pointers would be appreciated.

Here are a few shots of my attempt at shooting in fog using a tripod (for a change!:tongue:)  and CP.

View attachment 227739

View attachment 227740

#4 (Ok, I like this tree. Can I keep it?:smile:) 
    View attachment 227741

Thanks,

MikeT

2. Lovely! #1 and #2 look like they were shot at dusk rather than near dawn. I would like to try shooting in the fog, what did you meter off of?

Thanks,

3. well....
    you might have never shot in the fog before
    but... i sure hope you will again soon

these are TERRIFIC
    very nice series of images
    peaceful
    mysterious
    wonderful

thanks for sharing them with us

4. Sanford504

Sanford504

Mar 27, 2008
    Yeadon, PA
    You've captured the "mood" very well here.

5. Thanks DaniLew!

I arrived at the lake around six am so it was still quite dark. The fog scatters available light so it would be difficult to meter off anything. I took bracket shots, then checked the histogram. The lighting changed very fast and the fog got more dense.

It was an interesting shoot for me.

MikeT

6. Thanks spalding12!

Yea, me too! :biggrin:

7. Thank you Sandford504!

MikeT

8. Nice show MikeT....Photos looks very PROFESSIONAL:wink:

9. Thank you very much Sal! :smile:

MikeT

10. Thanks for the info, Mike.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.