Shooting in the Rain

Discussion in 'Birds' started by hangin tree, May 16, 2007.

1. It is best to Shoot Eagles in nice Sunshine so this is not recommended, but I wanted to see what the Eaglet did in the Rain. Here are a few shots.

Wet Bird

WetBird.

Walking in the Rain

View attachment 95858

Just Sitting

View attachment 95859

I went to ISO 800 and Partial Metering to keep focus on bird.

Exposure was reset with each series.

2. Glacier

Glacier

Jan 17, 2006
    Boaz, Alabama
    Gary,

The first and last ones look excellent from here! I personally think it's easier to shoot in cloudy conditions if your subject is under the canopy as this one is because you don't have to deal with all the contrast issues usually. I think you did good!

3. Thanks Andy

I'm not sure these were taken this morning at about 10:30AM and you know the weather then

4. revdhd

revdhd

May 2, 2007
    Cincinnati
    Gary,
    Very nice shots! The eagles we have close to us nest far away in a wetlands preserve and I can't get at them... which is probably good. So, I'm envious at these beautiful shots... and the beautiful bird.

And I agree with Glacier. I think the diffused light did you some favors in these shots. You can really pick up the details.

I'm new to this forum, so everyone else probably knows what lenses you like and use. But for my benefit, what lens and shooting values did you use?

God bless.
    Doug

5. Thanks Doug

I was all over the map on this day as the morning was very dark one minute and bright and cloudy the next. Most were shot at f8, ISO 400 & 800 and Exposure from +2/3 to 0.0. I'm shooting a Canon 20D with a 500/4 and a 1.4 TC.

You can find addition shots from better days in my post "The Eagle Family" I hope you look in on it.

6. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Excellent pics on Missy:>))
    Good job
    Sure is a pretty Eaglet

7. Thanks Gale

I'll be out today looks like sun is going to help