Shooting in the rain

I had to get out today even though the weather was lousy for photographing. It was great for everything else because we are in dire need of rain. Anyway here are some lowlight rainy Red-headed Woodpeckers.

Mom? and the little one together.

170589867-O.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Dad?

170589895-O.jpg

Ready to fledge!

170589920-O.jpg

It was a long time between feedings so I suspect he will be fledging very soon.

170589957-O.jpg

Awesome shots Andy. I was hoping to join you in the morning, but unfortunately, Home Depot didn't deliver today. They now say 'by 12:00' on Sunday, so I'm stuck here shooting BYB's. Maybe next weekend. :frown:

Nice series Andy,I agree the little one will be leaving soon with the meals getting longer.Great shots of a pretty bird:smile:

Awesome shots Andy. I was hoping to join you in the morning, but unfortunately, Home Depot didn't deliver today. They now say 'by 12:00' on Sunday, so I'm stuck here shooting BYB's. Maybe next weekend. :frown:

It will all be worth it when you are finished. We need to go down to Gadsden one day soon.

Great series! I haven't seen any woodpeckers lately, mostly finches. I guess it's time to invade Jim's place again!! :biggrin:

Thanks Crystall! Looking forward to seeing your Finch images.

Won't be long now and they will be gone also.

Nice Set Andy

Thanks Gary.

Nice series Andy,I agree the little one will be leaving soon with the meals getting longer.Great shots of a pretty bird:smile:

I'm guessing today and I will be heading down later on this afternoon.

T

ThorBob

Wow - beautiful birds, excellent composition and SHARP! I luv em!

Thor

These shots are beautiful and you are so lucky to have RHWP sitting still for their photos. I spent about 15 minutes chasing a RHWP around a neighborhood in North Georgia over the weekend, barefoot, in the rain. I got him framed in about 5 very blurry shots. *sigh*

These shots are beautiful and you are so lucky to have RHWP sitting still for their photos. I spent about 15 minutes chasing a RHWP around a neighborhood in North Georgia over the weekend, barefoot, in the rain. I got him framed in about 5 very blurry shots. *sigh*

Stay after them! These photos represent several years of futility before finally having some success. (hopefully)

Latest threads

Top Bottom