Shooting in Washington DC?

My GF and I are going to DC this weekend. I would appreciate some tips on some "must-see" places (from the photographic perspective).

Many thanks.

You can take the Metro train,(depends where u folks are staying), and get off SMITHSONIAN....All the different Monuments are there...You can walk to the White House for a quick shoot, all of walking distances...It's a great place for Architectural shooting....Have fun!:biggrin:

Just saw this ... Maybe it will work for Sunday...

In addition to the excellent suggestions above, you should consider:

- The National Cathedral not just for the architecture but also for the view as it is one of the highest points in DC (X Mass Ave and Wisc Ave - Bus N1 from your area -20 mins)
- Georgetown (G2 from P Street and Dupont Circle - 30 mins)
- Dupont Circle - vibrant people all over (walk West on K St up to Mass then North - 5 min.)
- Adams Morgan for some night life scene (Walk to 18th then North on 18th - 15 mins)
- Union Station (Metro line from Dupont Circle or Farragut Square 30-mins)
- Arlington National Cemetery - The change of the guard is a must see (Metro Line as above - 30 to 45 mins)

DC is a very exciting place for picture taking .... Lived there for 3 years and love it - Was there about 3 weeks ago with my family and really want to go back and live there now .... Some pics from the trip....

Florida_DC_20080701_0345.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Florida_DC_20080701_0318.jpg

Florida_DC_20080701_0320.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Frankier - you are correct about the equipment - John cannot use the equipment excuse, ever :smile:

Latest threads

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Forum GIFs powered by GIPHY: https://giphy.com/
Copyright © Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom