Shooting in Washington DC?

My GF and I are going to DC this weekend. I would appreciate some tips on some "must-see" places (from the photographic perspective).

Many thanks.

You can take the Metro train,(depends where u folks are staying), and get off SMITHSONIAN....All the different Monuments are there...You can walk to the White House for a quick shoot, all of walking distances...It's a great place for Architectural shooting....Have fun!:biggrin:

Just saw this ... Maybe it will work for Sunday...

In addition to the excellent suggestions above, you should consider:

- The National Cathedral not just for the architecture but also for the view as it is one of the highest points in DC (X Mass Ave and Wisc Ave - Bus N1 from your area -20 mins)
- Georgetown (G2 from P Street and Dupont Circle - 30 mins)
- Dupont Circle - vibrant people all over (walk West on K St up to Mass then North - 5 min.)
- Adams Morgan for some night life scene (Walk to 18th then North on 18th - 15 mins)
- Union Station (Metro line from Dupont Circle or Farragut Square 30-mins)
- Arlington National Cemetery - The change of the guard is a must see (Metro Line as above - 30 to 45 mins)

DC is a very exciting place for picture taking .... Lived there for 3 years and love it - Was there about 3 weeks ago with my family and really want to go back and live there now .... Some pics from the trip....

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom