Shooting, its a Passion!

Being that the weather is about to break, I decided to clean and prep my other passion!

There's really nothing to shoot in my house, I saw a quick photo opt :biggrin:

These are all hand held, SSOC, just resized and saved jpegs in CNX2....

D7000/ Tokina 35mm 2.8

CC welcomed(if you're anti gun, this isn't the thread, thank you)

jkb2153.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

jkb2151.jpg

jkb2149.jpg

jkb2159.jpg

jkb2161.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Very nice! I would have stopped down a little bit more as the DoF seems to thin. Can't wait to see you empty those cartridges.

Very nice! I would have stopped down a little bit more as the DoF seems to thin. Can't wait to see you empty those cartridges.

Hi, thanks!

Strangely enough I did stop these down more than I usually do with this lens. Granted, the lens is new so I don't have too much experience with it.

The slugs were at f8, the rest f3.8-4.0. It still seems shallow though eh?

I'll have to do some testing perhaps and learn how this lens behaves. It probably doesn't help I'm new to macro also lol.

It could be just personal preference, but I would have stayed between f/16 and f/8 since you are so close to the subject with your lens. If I were focus stacking the images I would than keep the lens open more. At f/16 you will still get extremely sharp images and the little bit of diffraction wouldn't be noticeable on a DX sensor. They still are very nice shots the way they are.

It could be just personal preference, but I would have stayed between f/16 and f/8 since you are so close to the subject with your lens. If I were focus stacking the images I would than keep the lens open more. At f/16 you will still get extremely sharp images and the little bit of diffraction wouldn't be noticeable on a DX sensor. They still are very nice shots the way they are.

Thanks for the suggestions.

All I have is one that is f13. Lighting is a bit bad and I just didn't care for the shot too much but was playing with it a little.

B/W converstion, color added but there just wasn't mush detail in this photo.

I just bought CNX2 last night so I don't know the in and outs of the software yet. Maybe I can pull some detail out of it.

jkb2169.jpg

I do like what you did with this shot. The definition inside of the hollow points really give this shot character. The B&W background does add so much more to it, especially since these cases aren't brass. Almost good enough for a product shot for reloading.

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Forum GIFs powered by GIPHY: https://giphy.com/
Copyright © Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom