Shooting Shooters

So for the last few years I stopped shooting my cameras and started shooting my guns. Competitive pistols, actually. So today I went to my club and shot some of the guys shooting a rifle silhouette match. One in particular that I really liked.

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

JLH

Nice shot. The rifle is special, especially with those Marble sights. I doubt too many here might know the history of those, it goes back to the late 1800's. So, I am liking the over-all look of the shooter and his rifle. Of course the modern protective gear is there too. Sort of a history lesson in that photo. It deserved to be in B&W.

Nice shot. The rifle is special, especially with those Marble sights. I doubt too many here might know the history of those, it goes back to the late 1800's. So, I am liking the over-all look of the shooter and his rifle. Of course the modern protective gear is there too. Sort of a history lesson in that photo. It deserved to be in B&W.
Thank you. That’s a great bit of history right there!! Thanks. I didn’t know that. I’m not a rifle guy at all. But I can talk competitive pistols with you!! LOL

This image looks deceptively easy to have made because it looks so good and natural. That's until the viewer begins examining the rather difficult lighting conditions. Well done!
Thank you Mike. And yes you’re RIGHT!!! The lighting conditions with the sun and shadows were horrible. Shot this with my new D750 and I’m loving this camera!!!

Thank you very much everyone for the kind words!!! I'm still blowing the dust off myself. LOL It's quite a number of years that I had a camera in my hands!!!

Nice shot. I went the other way a while ago, I was a grand master pistol competitor with uspsa till bifocals slowed me down.

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom