Shooting when I can

Discussion in 'Birds' started by bfjr, Jan 4, 2006.

1. bfjr

bfjr Guest

Between rain and work not much time to shoot or even visit places I know. So here's three from just a quick local visit. All shot with SB800 to hide the gray.

Eyes right
    [​IMG]

Still working on these guys
    [​IMG]

Don't crowd my bud
    [​IMG]

2. Great feather detail on #2, Ben!! So what's your verdict now with the 300+1.7?

3. bfjr

bfjr Guest

I like it, thanks for putting me on to it. It's a great (read cheaper) way to get more reach till I can wrap my mits around a bigger faster lens.
    It also works well when you want to move around alot and have to hump your gear with you. :smile:

I got a 1325 for myself but haven't had to much chance to use it with the combo, but think I can even make it shine a bit more. Looking forward to finding out. All my past shots were with my Monopod.

4. Nice shots I like the second the best nice composition and you caught the wings in the right pose, that is not that easy!

5. Perfect compostion on the 2nd one well done for sure

6. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    I am sooooooo Big :>))) (#2) Great shot.

Wish our white pelis would come in closer. They sure are pretty.

7. Nice series, Ben. I've only seen the Pelican's in the wild on one trip - a canoe trip where I took some scouts into a remote lake. They nest on the east face of some of the coastal mountains and fly long distances (up to a hundred miles I believe) from their nest to feed on trout in some of the lakes in the Chilcotin area of BC.

8. tojor

tojor

Jul 27, 2005
    Denmark
    Nice captures. I love that second one. It's so cute.

9. bfjr

bfjr Guest

thanks
    Yeah got pretty lucky with that shot !

10. bfjr

bfjr Guest

Thanks Mike happy you approve

11. bfjr

bfjr Guest

Hi Gale
    Yeah those little Buffalo heads act exactly like that
    :smile:

Little guys with big attitudes :biggrin:

12. Nice Ben, I see you are still having our PNW weather also. Funny to see the helicopters drying the field off for the game. Sure wish we had some sun to send you but nothing but rain here.

13. Real nice Ben. I really like Pelicans, nice shot of them. And as Jim says, we're having nothing but rain up here in the PNW.

14. love em Ben. Always a treat to view what you put up here.
    Dave