'Shooting With 50+ Year Old Expired Film'

That was really cool. Now all you old farts dive into that old Army footlocker and dig out that old stuff you know is in there somewhere. I may have a box of 30 year old Tri-X 4X5 packed away with my Speed Grafic and maby some roll stuff. Might have to wait untill September to play with that. Then thare is that full box of Kodacrome in the frig just in case they ever whop up a batch of fresh soup.

wow, 50 years old?

the most i ever tried was shooting 5 year out of date T-Max 3,200 through a red filter then processing it in paper developer for some portraits of a nice looking young sheila.

grain? looked like i'd rolled her in sand.

i'll have to scan that neg in one day. i'll do a copy-job on the print later tonight and post it up.

dsc_9719.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

A couple of rolls, about 40 years old. Could be Panatomic-X, Plus-X, or Tri-X.
These are the reloadable cartridges for the old Nikon F.

Intriguing. The newspaper site in question is local to me, but I haven't looked at that blog.

I'm wondering what caused the darkening at the sides. It isn't parallel to the edges of the film and looks sort of like vignetting, but the film couldn't have been aware of where the exposed frames would be. And why are the images so unsharp, or is it just a matter of low contrast?

Real Name
Mike
I'm wondering what caused the darkening at the sides. It isn't parallel to the edges of the film and looks sort of like vignetting, but the film couldn't have been aware of where the exposed frames would be. And why are the images so unsharp, or is it just a matter of low contrast?
In the camera used, a Rolleiflex Automat MX TLR, the film moves vertically through the camera. Any edge fogging of the roll would be on the left and right side of the images and would be along the entire roll of film.

This gives me hope for a few rolls of exposed Tri-X I forgot about 15 years ago and recently found. :smile:

Interesting, but..he should have taken pictures of something 50+ years old, cars, airplanes.....

Latest threads

Top Bottom