Shooting with Chris

Discussion in 'Birds' started by HarryB, Nov 28, 2005.

1. HarryB

HarryB

Jan 28, 2005
    Viera, Florida
    Hi Y'all,

I just spent today and yesterday shooting with Chris Knight (Gale and Kevin Scott joined us Sunday). Chris is a real nice guy and I had a great time.

Here's Chris
    [​IMG]

driving to the wetlands we saw an eagle on a power pole so we took the traditional eagle on a power pole shot
    [​IMG]

when we got to the wetlands we took the traditional eagle on THE TREE shot
    [​IMG]

then we ran into the broad-winged hawk munching on a frog
    [​IMG]

a traditional close-up
    [​IMG]

caught some ducks
    [​IMG]

went up to Merritt Island and shot some spoonbills
    [​IMG]

got an untraditional shot of the reddish egret doing the "Reznick Flip"
    [​IMG]

went back to the wetlands and the hawk agreed to a close-up
    [​IMG]

2. All very nice shots Harry. I love the Spoonbills Red and Pink feathers. I could look at him/her all day. Very pretty bird.

3. great "traditional" series Harry. the hawk in the last picture appears to be perched on an invisible post, what's up with that?

4. bfjr

bfjr Guest

As always is and will be a pleasure to view your work !!
    Each of your posts teaches me something new, thank you .
    Nice Ducky ID = Ringneck (you knew that right :smile:)

5. radz

radz

Nov 12, 2005
    NewDelhi,India
    Very nice shots,thanks for sharing it.

6. Some "traditional" shots there, Harry! You keep topping yourself! Can't believe you got a flip with the Reddish Egret! You da man!! Hope you recovered from chasing that evil eagle all over the wetlands on Sunday!!

7. Harry, you are fortune on the Eagle shots. The Spoonbill is a great imagine as well. A great series.

louie

8. Hey, Louie, just look at that first picture, and you ask me why I'd like the sunshine and temperature??? nudge-nudge-:wink: :wink:

Harry, these are grand, and I sure do like the weather and sunshine. Still trying to figure a way to make it down in February, I haven't given up yet......

9. Bill,

Hope you can make it to Florida in Feb for the shoot. Think of every way to get here. Check out Southwest Airlines fares. I got a good deal myself. You just never know. Hope this helps you.

10. Great shots Harry! But weren't you all cold just wearing shorts and a t-shirt? :biggrin:

Nice eagle shots.

11. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    Harry,

Without a doubt, one of your best sets yet. I love every one. :smile:

Were these primarily taken from the tripod, hand held, or a mix?

12. HarryB

HarryB

Jan 28, 2005
    Viera, Florida
    Thanks Melissa. The spoonbill might have been short-changed with its face but those colors sure make up for that. :biggrin:

13. HarryB

HarryB

Jan 28, 2005
    Viera, Florida
    Hey Dave,

Thanks. the hawk was perched on the post. I was able o get in so close for my last shots that I couldn't get the post in the frame.

14. HarryB

HarryB

Jan 28, 2005
    Viera, Florida
    Thanks Ben. I didn't know the duck was a ringneck until I got home and broke out my Sibleys.

15. HarryB

HarryB

Jan 28, 2005
    Viera, Florida
    Thanks Radz

16. HarryB

HarryB

Jan 28, 2005
    Viera, Florida
    Hey Kevin,

Its been a good week for flips. :biggrin: I chased that eagle some more yesterday and again this morning. He's not as cooperative as last year's eagle. If he doesn't get with the program I'm gonna have to get a replacement eagle. :biggrin:

Blackpoint was pretty good yesterday. Going in there was an osprey perched on every power pole.

17. HarryB

HarryB

Jan 28, 2005
    Viera, Florida
    Thanks Louie. I know how lucky I am with those eagles. :biggrin:

18. HarryB

HarryB

Jan 28, 2005
    Viera, Florida
    Thnak you very much Bill. I'm hoping you can make it because I would love to shoot with you. Be careful though, a few days down here in some sun and warmth might ruin you. :biggrin:

19. HarryB

HarryB

Jan 28, 2005
    Viera, Florida
    thanks Jim. Cold?:confused: I haven't been cold since I left NYC. :biggrin:

20. HarryB

HarryB

Jan 28, 2005
    Viera, Florida
    Thanks Frank. Most of these were taken with the tripod. A few were taken from the car window using the window as support.