Shooting with friends

Frank, Patrick and I went to "the pond" this morning and actually had a good bit of bird activity. And we can always find something to do during the down time. All in all a pretty good morning. Even with three of us we weren't organized enough to stop from being surprised and not have the time to even get the bird in the frame.

Frank deep in thought and attempting to warm the noggin. there was a chill in the wind this morning.
20328174-O.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Frank trying for payback
20328176-O.jpg

Damn, was wondering how long I could keep that a secret. I really like this camera as they put a lot of thought into external controls. You can change most anything dealing with the shot itself without going to the menus and gotta love 6.1 mpixels.

the down side that I have found is that the good long glass is hard to come by. not many choices without spending as much as you would on a D2X.

Patrick just about has me talked into a D2. Most of what I like are birds and other fast animals. So I guess the H at the fast fps rate is the direction I am most likely to go. the 7D runs just under 3 fps. Both of those guys were on iether side of me running wide open. made me feel inferior like I was shooting single frame.

I did get some butt shots of patrick but since he works on my computer gear I opted to delete them.

thanks for checking

OK,

Here's what Frank shot.... 8)

Greg G:
20330333-O.jpg

Patrick:
20330334-O.jpg

It was cold, but we did get a few decent shots. I'll be posting some in the birdie forum shortly.

Regards,

Frank

Dang, you guys are some handsome looking dudes. :roll: Could GQ be next?? By the way Frank, your shot of Greg is outstanding. :eek: With the subject at hand this is about as good as it gets.

Greg, you might want to frame an 11x14 of that. Seriously!!

Gordon,

After trying to track and shoot the flying birdies for over a year now, shooting folks that are just standing there is so easy with this cam / lens.... :lol:

Seriously, the shots that I normally take really push the envelope (especially my skill level :? ). I'm amazed at how good this combo is on less challenging subjects.

Frank

What a handsome group o' guys! *LOL* Too bad you all look like little kids who stayed too long on the hockey pond and are frozen inside and out! LOL Nothing worse than cold damp weather but hey, you were happy just to be out shooting, I'll bet. Always interesting to put faces to the names...

And to think I stayed in bed where it was nice and warm and missed all that and having my picture taken too...Nice shots both of you!

gho

Wow, looks like fun. I really wish I had someone to go shooting with sometime.

Gret shots Frank & Greg

Great stuff guys.

Good pics of the crew for sure.

Sorry your morning was cold though.

Yea GHO me to. I would like someone to shoot with.

Real Name
Chris
Candids of forum denizens are always fun to see.

---------------------------

gho said:
I really wish I had someone to go shooting with sometime.

Hey Gregory, I'll send you an email the next time I go to southern California, probably late May or early June. I stay in Oceanside (between San Diego and LA.) It would be a blast to get together for a shoot.

gho

Gale: Too bad you're so far away, otherwise I'd shoot with ya. Working out of the house with 2 toddlers, its tough for me to get out. I don't know now people manage. The kids take up my entire day almost.

Needless to say, I have few friends - lotsa imaginary ones though :D

Chris: That would be awesome. I'm very close to oceanside - We pass it all the time going to Sea World. I dunno why I love SD so much, but I love it down there.

gho said:
Gale: Too bad you're so far away, otherwise I'd shoot with ya. Working out of the house with 2 toddlers, its tough for me to get out. I don't know now people manage. The kids take up my entire day almost.

Needless to say, I have few friends - lotsa imaginary ones though :D

Chris: That would be awesome. I'm very close to oceanside - We pass it all the time going to Sea World. I dunno why I love SD so much, but I love it down there.

We are coming down to that area sometime between 6/12 and 6/24. I can get "permission" for one day to shoot, want to get together?

Darn:
Frank is not as bad looking (ugly) as Bill made him out to be..... :lol:
Heck Bill, he actually looks like he knows what he is doing. I sure wished I had a chance to give that head a go....
Anyway... Frank and Patrick, were does a pooooor canuck get one of those hats?
Cheers :lol:

gho

Retief said:
We are coming down to that area sometime between 6/12 and 6/24. I can get "permission" for one day to shoot, want to get together?
Down where, to California or to Florida?

If you're coming to the LA area, I'd love to get together and shoot.

Latest threads

Top Bottom