Shopping with Nancy...

Discussion in 'Macro, Flowers, Insects, and Greenery' started by Uncle Frank, Aug 14, 2005.

1. Nancy loves to shop, and even a trip to the hardware store is an adventure. Actually, it was Lowe's today, and she was looking
    for stuff for our bathroom remodel, which she estimated would take a couple of hours. Since I brought my camera along, I spent
    the time profitably, shooting flowers in the garden store, and then hauling her purchases to the car.

All shots taken handheld with the 60mm micro.

View attachment 13818
    View attachment 13819
    View attachment 13820
    View attachment 13821
    View attachment 13822
    View attachment 13823
    View attachment 13824

2. Frank, I hope Nancy did as well as you did. These are really fantastic!

Virginia
    aka beaucamera

3. My goodness Frank these image rock. Numbers 3 and 7 are exceptional. You are a first rate photographer and your steady hand on these shots is evident. Way to go.

4. dbirdsong

dbirdsong Guest

Wow.. Maybe I should start spending more time at Lowes or maybe Home Depot.
    :)

5. Thanks, Virginia, Gordon, and Dave! Glad you liked the shots.

Gordon, you seem to favor the flower pics than include bugs, so here's another for you.

6. PGB

PGB

Jan 25, 2005
    UF they are all great but I absolutely love #4! Leigh thinks its a Cosmos, can you confirm or deny this?

Excellent work, thanks for sharing.

7. Thanks for the extra bug Frank. I also really like #1 and it doesn't have a bug.

8. Sorry, Patrick. I usually take pictures of the labels identifying the flowers, but I was so into shooting the blossoms that I forgot this time :shock:. But here's a shot of a similar flower.

9. I like macro picture with all those details.

#4 flower is a gazania.

10. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    Frank, you are such an excellent photographer that you can venture into just about any area and get great results. I can't imagine getting these kinds of shots hand held. My hands are just too shaky. You need to stop by the macro forum more often. These are simply exemplary. You really show off the 60mm micro strengths too. :wink:

11. JMartin

JMartin Guest

Really nice shots Frank! I really like #3 and #4.

I bet the people at Lowes were giving you some funny looks for taking pictures of their flowers :lol:

Unfortunately most of the places Jennifer likes to shop, they wouldn't take too kindly to bringing my camera in and taking pictures!

Joe

12. Wow... They are really nice, Frank. I like number 3 the best.

13. Irene

Irene Guest

These are great Frank, 3 and 7 are exceptional.

Best regards,
    Irene

14. Greg

Greg

Apr 5, 2005
    Fayetteville, TN
    these are very nice. Love the colours

15. Hey, thanks, you guys. I'm glad my collection of snapshots pleased.

16. saturnine

saturnine Guest

I agree with everyone else, these photos are great! When I get a chance, I'll also have to post some photos I took of the 60mm micro!

17. Thanks much, Grace! I'll look forward to seeing your samples. Try taking pictures of something beautiful... like self portraits :wink:.