Shores on Plum Island

Discussion in 'Birds' started by Allan, Aug 15, 2008.

1. It has rained a lot this summer and I have not gotten to Plum Isalnd as much as I would like to. However, there was sun earlier this week and I got there early.

Semipalmated plover - taken at ISO 1600 (auto iso setting) just as the sun was rising.
    352369967_QHNTF-L.

Resting short-billed Dowitcher
    352369954_sCH7L-L.

Juvenile red-knot
    352369930_GCahY-L.

Spotted sandpiper
    352369993_hueJK-L.

2. Bolts

Bolts

May 7, 2007
    Tampa, Florida
    Love that first one, Allan. I imagine you must have had to get up REALLY early for that!

Of course, love the dowitcher, the knot and the piper, too!

3. These are fabulous shots Allan. Very nice.

4. allan,
    these are AWESOME
    very well done

nice of you to share them with us

5. Beautiful! I would kill for a Spotted Sandpiper shot like that, real skittish 'round here.

6. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    Pretty shots Allan. Very nice light. Guess that getting up early was worth it. :wink:

7. leahp26

leahp26

Apr 28, 2008
    Southern NH
    Beautiful. Great series!

8. Thanks for the comments. I would rather shoot in the late afternoon but too many people are on the beach then. I get up around 4:30 to leave the house at 4:45. I zip on the highway to Newburyport but then the last 6 miles have a 25 mph limit.
    Spotted sandpipers are not rare her, but I don't see many of them. He kept his distance from me most of the time but luckily did not run back into the grass, which was only 15 feet behind him.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.