Short ride through the country

Discussion in 'Landscapes, Architecture, and Cityscapes' started by biggstr6, Jun 13, 2005.

1. biggstr6

biggstr6

Apr 26, 2005
    Richmond,Va
    Took a ride in the country a few weeks ago for a couple of hours.
    Came across this farm I thought was pretty.Taken with my trusty D70(I didnt have my x yet)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Then a little later I saw a wheat field that looked intresting,But it was the close ups that turned out. Amazing the different colors that make up a wheat field. You would never know it unless you stopped and took a close look.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. biggs,
    these are very pleasing images. sorry I did not make it to th ereinactment satuday, graduation lasted till 330. i went home via montibello and snapped a handfull of images on the way. I have been looking for your posts of the reinactment. have I missed them?

3. #2 is my favorite in the group. Very interesting colors!

4. biggstr6

biggstr6

Apr 26, 2005
    Richmond,Va
    Thanks for looking Dave.

I'm working on the reenactment images now. It was HOT,and my kids were ready to go before it even started. Also ,this was the first time they have had this reenactment at the horse center so It was alittle disorganized,and they had a gaurd (border Nazi) who would not let you get close. I was shooting right next to a guy shooting for the AP ,who had a ID badge ,and thte guy still wouldnt let him in closer,it was totally stupid because where we wanted to go would not have been in anybodys way.

Most of it occurred in a gulley and we couldnt see anything except a few heads.

Got some decent shots in the camp of them getting ready though. I would have liked to spend more time but the kids were toast.

I'll post them tommorrow.