Shot with Louie today

Discussion in 'Birds' started by HarryB, Nov 15, 2005.

1. HarryB

HarryB

Jan 28, 2005
    Viera, Florida
    Hi you'll,

I had the opportunity to shoot with Cafe member Louis Champan today. I had an outstanding time mostly because Louie is usch a nice guy. He was a real pleasure to shoot with. The only dark cloud was when my D2h stop metering correctly. I lost a lot of shots because it went haywire on me again. Maybe what Huan's D2h had was contagious.

Here's Louie stalking a limpkin
    44703415-L.

We met up with some of the regulars
    44683928-L.

44683937-L.

44683927-L.

I spotted this guy half-way across the wetlands. we made a dash over there. I managed to get a few shots in but Louie just missed him which upset me because I really wanted to Louie to get a shot.

44683929-L.

44683930-L.

44683934-L.

44683935-L.

44683936-L.

2. ya done good. Louie looks like a fine fellow. would love to meet you both but would not satnd for you getting the eagle and me not :^)

3. Hey nothing better than shooting with good friends, wow you are killing me Harry please tie these guys up till Feb.

4. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    Harry,

Thanks for putting a face with the name. I've gotten to know Louie a little since he joined the Cafe, and have found him to be a very nice gentleman, and great addition to our little birdie shooting community. Sure wish I could have been there to meet him face-to-face, and of course to shoot at the wetlands. :rolleyes:

Very nice shots BTW (but what's new :wink:).

5. Gordon Large

Gordon Large Guest

Hey Harry -

I love the Greenie, and the eagle shots are sensational.

Gordon

6. OMG, Harry! I can't believe those eagle shots! Alright, how much is it going to cost me to arrange for him to be there!!!???? For weeks we've waited and the day I'm not there he shows up. Phooey!!!

Absolutely beautiful shots! You should be well pleased!!! Hope Louie's staying around through the weekend! ??

7. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Great shots Harry.
    Sorry about the D2H SHUCKS. wELL GET IT IN QUICK AND BACK. cOUPLE WEEKS AND THINGS WILL BE HOPPIN....

Yeah Kevin it is the NG catolog ya know. they ain't there but once for me :>)))))

8. Harry,

Every time you post these threads the clock seems to slow down a bit. The people at work are already sick of hearing me talk about the Merritt III session. :smile:

Great shots, I especially like the posture on that first eagle pic. Like Mike said - keep them around until February, would ya?

9. Nice shots Harry. So, do the rates rise for us to get access to those eagles like that?:cool:

10. Beautiful Harry but I know Louie will get an eagle shot this year. I am glad you had the chance to meet and find out first hand what a great guy he is. I always enjoy my outings with him. I am also most jealous that you have all these great subjects. Glad Louis made it out there and you guys had such a grand time.

11. huanpham

huanpham Guest

nice nice shots Harry. You must be the King of the (Viera) Swamp. My trip home was quite eventful, due to the weather in Chicago, which has nothing to do with us in Orlando, but I made it. Bernie was OK with his little side trip too. Did you use the TC on the eagle shots?

Thanks for being a wonderful host. I've learned more about Florida in this trip, and it is growing on me. There maybe a place in my future. Who knows.

Regards,

Huan

12. Hey Huan!

Nice to see posts from you. I still recall spending time together at Sanibel for the Reznick session way back when. Glad to see you got a chance to meet up with Harry again and spend some time at Viera -- just wish there had been more that day. Hope all is well!

13. HarryB

HarryB

Jan 28, 2005
    Viera, Florida

Thanks Dave. I felt so bad that Louie missed the eagle by a few seconds. :Depressed I have quite a few eagle shots and I was hoping he could get a few.

14. HarryB

HarryB

Jan 28, 2005
    Viera, Florida
    Hey Mike,

Merritt III should be great. We should have more birds and we definitely will have more friends around to shoot with.

15. HarryB

HarryB

Jan 28, 2005
    Viera, Florida
    Hey Frank,

It was great shooting with Louie. He's one of the folks who you like the moment you speak to him. Just a very nice guy.

16. HarryB

HarryB

Jan 28, 2005
    Viera, Florida
    Thanks Gordon. I'm probbaly happiest with the gren heron shot.

17. HarryB

HarryB

Jan 28, 2005
    Viera, Florida
    Hey Kevin,

Glad you liked the shots. Unfortunately Louie's visit was a one day affair but I think he got some good shots and we had a fine time.

If you want an eagle for your next shoot I'm gonna have to double my normal fee. :biggrin:

18. HarryB

HarryB

Jan 28, 2005
    Viera, Florida
    Thanks Gale. The D2h seems to be metering OK right now, I will just have to see what happens the next time i use it.

19. HarryB

HarryB

Jan 28, 2005
    Viera, Florida
    Hey Mike,

Thanks for the kind words. I'm really looking forward to Merritt III. Can't wait to see you all again.

20. HarryB

HarryB

Jan 28, 2005
    Viera, Florida
    Thanks Harris. Absolutely, eagles cost more. I expect twice my usual fee. :biggrin: