Shots from card 1

Discussion in 'Birds' started by Flew, Sep 19, 2005.

1. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    OK, I'm without camera now for a few weeks, so you are all going to have to suffer with me. :cool:

These are early morning shots from my trip to the dam with Chris last Saturday, when it was still very overcast, and light was hard to come by. I squeezed these out at ISO320 to 400, at shutter speeds of 1/500th, and an aperture of only f5. I kind of like them. :smile:

Ready for take-off:
    [​IMG]

Shaking out the overnight cobwebs:
    [​IMG]

Checking out the landing zone:
    [​IMG]

Safe landing:
    [​IMG]

Thanks for looking in. More to come from Card 2. :rolleyes:

2. cknight

cknight

May 2, 2005
    Madison, AL
    Oh great. Franks bored. Now we get to spend 2 weeks looking at his lousy reject shots that didn't make the first cut :rolleyes:

Nice shots by the way. :smile:

3. jfenton

jfenton

Jan 26, 2005
    Haverhill, MA
    Hey Frank

Excellent work....I can see that you have been getting up early when I see the color of the light :)

4. Frank, excellent work. I see your bird shooting has improved a lot from post to post. Congratulations, my friend.

5. The last two are really great. Nice color, focus, detail and composition.

6. Frank,

My favorite is #3 out of these series. Well done once again !

7. Excellent shots, Frank. Very nice lighting at that time of day. I like no's 2 and 4 the best, although I know the flight shot must have been challenging with that low lighting.

8. Not only great shots but that you managed to get that out of ISO 320-400 is amazing! NR?

9. bfjr

bfjr Guest

Very nice Frank all of them, very sharp, color right on
    Real sorry still about your camera misfortune, I guess the rest of us will just have to suffer along with ya :biggrin: :biggrin:

10. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    Thanks guys. I'll try to keep it down to only a post or two per day. :biggrin:

11. Reject, shmeeject the first and second are incredibly sharp! You can see every feather.

Rich

12. MontyDog

MontyDog

Jan 30, 2005
    #1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax;

13. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    Thanks guys. These aren't rejects. I'm just going through many of them. I shot a total of 6 cards (4 1GB, 2 512MB), so I've still got quite a few to review (I get 275 to 285 shots / 1 GB card :smile:). I just picked the ones of the GBH eating the big fish first. Still plenty of decent ones to go. :rolleyes: