Shots from Disneyland...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by gho, May 14, 2005.

1. gho

gho

Feb 7, 2005
    California
    We went to Disney's 50th aniversary celebration (well disney really opened on 17, July, but they start the festivities on the 5th of May). Bit of a backlog, eh?

Talk about raining on a parade! It rained that day, and it's virtually unheard of to see rain in So Cal this time of year.

Here's some shots:
    "Golden Mikey" desert - buy a $29.95 plate and get the desert for free. We also got some pins, being annual passholders and stuff (now got 4 of them). Taken under natural sunlight. Ok, so I'm not a food photographer.
    [​IMG]

Sissy naping:
    [​IMG]

Ximina on the train ride:
    [​IMG]

Sissy being grumpy:
    [​IMG]

Not from Disney (from the SDWAP), but Ximina's concentration in feeding the ducks was quite amusing for me. Especially ironic is the fact that he is deathly afraid of animals, and the one time she wants to feed the ducks, they are afraid of her!
    [​IMG]

Hope y'alls enjoy. Critiques solicited, please be brutally honest and sugguest ways I can improve.

2. Good shots!! My family and I are going to DisneyWorld in Orlando in about a month. I can't wait. It will be the first time for all of us. Thanks for sharing your images!!!! :D :D :D :D

3. gho

gho

Feb 7, 2005
    California
    Wow, that's awsome. I guess it's sort of a privelege to be able to go all the time. You'll definately have a blast, but it will take you several days to explore the entire park!

Thanks for stopping by and commenting.

4. Chris101

Chris101

Feb 2, 2005
    Arizona
    Nice bright colors Gregory (well, that ball ... thing is interesting. :D ) The photo of your daughter on the train is evocative of that feeling as a child of the world being so fascinating one could burst. Even though she isn't smiling, she beams happiness. You know - like the first day of summer vacation.

Your youngest, however looks like she's a bit inconvenienced, so she's gonna share the mood. :p Good capture of her expression.

I was fortunate to be able to go to Disneyland all the time in the '60's, because of my dad's job. I haven't been there for about 30 years though. Anything new? ;)

5. Leigh

Leigh

Feb 19, 2005
    Alabama
    All great shots, but Gregory, I just love, "Sissy Napping"....that one is just wonderful! Thanks for sharing!

6. gho

gho

Feb 7, 2005
    California
    Chris: Thanks! That round ball thing is a truffle. As far as stuff being different after 30 years, hmmm... I'm not really sure. But they've added a few new attractions in the last 3 years that I've been going. Disneyland doesn't change all that much.

The submarine ride is out of commission. It was shut down for the longest time. Now they're making it into a "Finding Nemo" thing that should open 2007. My daughter should love that one.

Leigh: Thanks! That's actually one of my favorites too.

7. Great shots Gregory, especially #2, the lighting is superb on that one.

8. gho

gho

Feb 7, 2005
    California
    Thanks Gordon! I actually didn't do anything with the lighting in that one. We go quite frequently to Disneyland and Sissy always gets stubborn (and fussy) and won't take a nap. So we cover up her stroller with a blanket so its dark and after a while she konks out. I peeked in to check on her and that's what I saw - I simply shot a pic :)

Incidently, I shot that one with the "kit" lense. I normally would have gone for my 60mm macro for that type of shot.

9. Sometimes it's just seeing the shot that makes the difference. So many people don't.

10. JessP7

JessP7

May 3, 2005
    North MS, USA
    I've been to Disney in Orlando once with my husband about 4 years ago. We are very anxious to take our son. He's going to be three this July, but we're thinking that we'll probably wait until next summer or the next before we take him. We want him to be able to enjoy it and remember some of it. These shots are just precious.

11. gho

gho

Feb 7, 2005
    California
    Thanks Gordon. I try to keep an eye on how light plays on objects and I'm always looking to capture certain styles.

Jess, The thing about brining a 3 year old to the park is that you need to buy them a ticket :(. I just forked out 300 USD to buy my daughter a pass back in October (her birthday). The other day she just grew past the 40" mark and can ride some thrill rides. She loves big thunder mountain - The "fast train"