shots from the weekend part I...

Discussion in 'Macro, Flowers, Insects, and Greenery' started by manzico, Aug 29, 2005.

1. I haven't had a chance to shoot in a while so I went to the store and bought some flowers and had a go at them in my bathroom "studio" today. Here's the first samplers with more to follow when I process the rest:

original.

original.

original.

original.

original.

original.

original.

original.

Any and all comments welcome.

thanks,

Dave

2. dbirdsong

dbirdsong Guest

Those are Great shots..

3. Hi David,

Great colour, saturation, sharpness and composition! The black background worked really well.

Great work!

Regards,
    Jonathan

4. David,
    I really like you photos....Thanks for posting them.

I'm in the market for a macro lens and I was wondering what lens you used for these?

Thanks,

5. thanks...

Thanks for the nice comments. As some of you are probably already aware, I do my macro shooting in my "studio" aka the spare bathroom. The black backdrop on this occasion was a T-shirt. The lighting as always came from the frosted dome skylight. As for the lens, I have the 28-105 f/3.5-4.5 with the macro function... nothing fancy here. If I had my druthers I'd get the 105 f/2.8 micro-nikkor, but I've got other lenses on my list ahead of it right now (70-200 VR, 12-24 DX).

thanks again,

Dave

6. biggstr6

biggstr6

Apr 26, 2005
    Richmond,Va
    David, Great lightinng , Sharp, Good Composition.
    They turned out great.

7. WOW these are terrific. I really like the third one.

8. David, your even lighting, color saturation and sharpness of the flowers is excellent. Your first image is composed very well and is my favorite.

9. Dave,

The lighting and composition are sensational! I wonder if my son and husband would permit me to convert the basement bathroom into a studio?? Hmmm?? Your idea has possibilities... :biggrin:

10. no need to convert...

That's the great part about my "studio". I took me about 2 minutes to get set up. I got a black t-shirt out of the closet, hanger and all, and hung it from the mirror. I taped the sides to the mirror in two places to smooth it out a bit, then I put the flowers, still in their vase, in the right position to use the backdrop and still sit in the light and viola... instant studio.

Dave

11. Fantastic work Dave! You've got a great series to choose from here if you wanted to frame 3 or 4 of them together on the wall.