Shots from work

Discussion in 'Birds' started by Tim O, Apr 26, 2007.

1. Tim O

Tim O

Jun 11, 2006
    Illinois
    Well got off work this morning and went right back there with my camera and gear for a few shots.I work in switching yard for the railroad in E.ST.Louis IL,Right next to the yard is this patch of woods and the egrets and BCNH are doing some nesting.I never have seen the BCNH here before but we usually have bunches of cattle egrets.Looks like there are a lot of great egrets here now too,it is so noisy but the birds don't seem to mind.They have nests everywhere and I was able to get pretty close,we have a couple of big ponds on the property and they do a lot of feeding here. Hope you all enjoy and more to come.

Birds all a long this road we are just east of the arch lower left corner.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Great Find Tim

What a opportunity for photogs

3. Glacier

Glacier

Jan 17, 2006
    Boaz, Alabama
    Wow Tim! What an opportunity you have there. Looking forward to seeing more of your images from "work". Nice images!

4. Tim O

Tim O

Jun 11, 2006
    Illinois
    Thanks Gary,hope to be able to get more shots.

Thank you Andy, they gave me permission to take these shots,hope it lasts for a while.

5. WOW! Tim these are great! Hope you get lots more chances!!!!!! Keep em comin!

6. Baxter

Baxter

Jan 8, 2007
    Clemson, SC
    Very cool Tim. Interesting place for a rookery. Some of the nests look really close to the ground. I imagine we'll be seeing quite a few photos from this spot.

7. radz

radz

Nov 12, 2005
    NewDelhi,India
    Liked the last two lot!!

8. Commodorefirst

Commodorefirst Admin/Moderator Administrator

May 1, 2005
    Missouri
    Ok,

take me to work with you!

Bravo on the shots,

Wade

9. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    All very very nice:>)))
    Nice setting

10. Tim O

Tim O

Jun 11, 2006
    Illinois
    Me to Dianne,we will see how long they let me get out there thanks

Thanks Hunter, I sure hope to have access to this spot more often once the boss gets a look and some of the pics.

Thank you Rathika, glad you enjoyed them.

11. Tim O

Tim O

Jun 11, 2006
    Illinois
    Thanks Ole buddy,the BCNH are setting on eggs for sure saw those,not real sure about the egrets though.There were BCNH's and GWE all mixed up in the same trees was pretty neat.

Thank you Gale,they have a nice little set up for themselves right here in town.

12. Nice shots! I've never seen so many nests on the same tree before.

Anthony

13. Tim that second photo is beautiful. Sometimes we try to get the main subject so large we tend to forget the enviorment they live in. I really like that photo.
    Lou

14. Tim O

Tim O

Jun 11, 2006
    Illinois
    Thanks Anthony,yes there were lots of trees with lots of nests,BCNH and GWE all in the same tree new to me also.

Thanks a lot Lou,tried to get some pics of the whole area but it was so large couldn't get all of it in the viewfinder.

15. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    Excellent shots Tim. I'm jealous of your wonderful shooting area. Looks like Florida!! :smile:

16. eng45ine

eng45ine

May 11, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    Wow, what a great find Tim. Neat birds to shoot.

17. Tim O

Tim O

Jun 11, 2006
    Illinois
    Thanks to both of the Franks,been out there 20 years and haven't seen the birds like this before.Just hoping they will be here for a little while.And oh yea Flew this sure isn't anything like Florida,but hey the birds are here for now. :biggrin: :biggrin:

18. The last shot is awsome!!

Best,

Jose

19. Tim go back and make a 2 or 3 frame stitch of it. I bet if you have a 13 inch printer you could print a 12 X about 40 off of roll paper from your printer and it would be a really nice photo hanging on your wall.
    Lou