Should I buy a cat?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Iliah, Feb 18, 2005.

1. Iliah

Iliah

Jan 29, 2005
    nowhere
    As I'm going to have D2xs soon...

2. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    well only if you want one.. :>))

to funny Iliah

Regards
    Gale

3. Larry Gleason

Larry Gleason

Jan 26, 2005
    By all means. Even if you didn't get a D2X. More than one is even more fun! Yes, I got your drift but as a cat owner over many years, they are great pets.

4. Hi Iliah,

I already have 3 cats to take pictures of when I get the D2X so that should be more than enough although I have always wanted a Sphynx. Oh well maybe after the camera is paid off. lol!

Melissa

5. Nah! Get a dog.

Yellow Labrador Retriever

Rich

6. F15Todd

F15Todd

Feb 1, 2005
    Tennessee
    I would say get a dog. They are much faster at cleaning your dishes for you.

7. Iliah

Iliah

Jan 29, 2005
    nowhere
    Seems we have a brand "X" vs. brand "Y" polemics here??!!

8. Peace!

Iliah,

Get both! We have 4 cats and a dog. Does anyone here top that, huh? :wink: Btw, it's continuous entertainment, guaranteed (and a bit of work too!). :D

9. I think everyone should have a pet as it cures what ails you. :) Course I am partial to dogs.

10. Iliah

Iliah

Jan 29, 2005
    nowhere
    What drives me crazy is that no minor brand is given even a slightest chance: where all the mice, rats, tortoises, canaries, etc? We need more competition here....

11. Larry Gleason

Larry Gleason

Jan 26, 2005
    Yes, Philippe, as previously indicated in another post I can beat that! Four house dogs and four house cats. And to boot, one of the dogs is a Tennessee Walker Coon dog. Probably the only one that is a house dog. Retired from hunting and now won't go outside if it is raining. Doesn't want to get his paws wet. Strange since this dog chased a raccoon across the Savannah River in the dead of Winter a couple of years ago. Not my fault. Wife spoiled him.

12. Mixed bag!

Hi Larry,

I must have missed your other post. Wow! :shock: We thought we had a certified menageries going but 4 dogs and 4 cats, in a house.... It must be a big house! And you must be doing a lot of cleaning... :wink:

Gordon, I love your sheltie's picture. But I have a soft spot for dogs ... and cats, too! :p

Iliah, I hear you, but don't you think that Pentax and Olympus have a (tiny) chance? I mean, they appear to have decent cameras that are getting better with an improved system (more lenses, etc...)

13. Iliah

Iliah

Jan 29, 2005
    nowhere
    I think Oly is doing well; have not tried Pentax. I'm looking on other then Nikon digital camera makers because I can't mount some of my lenses on Nikon. Mostly I'm waiting for a good digital rangefinder, but I'm afraid that is nowhere soon.

14. PJohnP

PJohnP

Feb 5, 2005
    Iliah :

The closest I've seen to that is the putative Leica digital back (http://www.leica-camera.com/produkte/rsystem/digitalmodul/index_e.html ) but I haven't actually seen one "in the wild" as yet. Don't know as to when we'll see one either...

A great temptation for me, as I've always had a very soft spot for Leica equipment (and there was someone here recently selling off exactly the body that I'd need for this back).

John P.

15. gho

gho

Feb 7, 2005
    California
    Buy a fish! ahahahaaaa!

16. hans

hans

Feb 5, 2005
    The Netherlands
    Iliah

Got a dog already so should I get the D2x earlier than you do?