Should I buy a cat?

By all means. Even if you didn't get a D2X. More than one is even more fun! Yes, I got your drift but as a cat owner over many years, they are great pets.

Iliah said:
As I'm going to have D2xs soon...

I think everyone should have a pet as it cures what ails you. :) Course I am partial to dogs.

25776713.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

What drives me crazy is that no minor brand is given even a slightest chance: where all the mice, rats, tortoises, canaries, etc? We need more competition here....

Yes, Philippe, as previously indicated in another post I can beat that! Four house dogs and four house cats. And to boot, one of the dogs is a Tennessee Walker Coon dog. Probably the only one that is a house dog. Retired from hunting and now won't go outside if it is raining. Doesn't want to get his paws wet. Strange since this dog chased a raccoon across the Savannah River in the dead of Winter a couple of years ago. Not my fault. Wife spoiled him.

Mixed bag!

Larry Gleason said:
Yes, Philippe, as previously indicated in another post I can beat that! Four house dogs and four house cats. And to boot, one of the dogs is a Tennessee Walker Coon dog. Probably the only one that is a house dog. Retired from hunting and now won't go outside if it is raining. Doesn't want to get his paws wet. Strange since this dog chased a raccoon across the Savannah River in the dead of Winter a couple of years ago. Not my fault. Wife spoiled him.

Hi Larry,

I must have missed your other post. Wow! :shock: We thought we had a certified menageries going but 4 dogs and 4 cats, in a house.... It must be a big house! And you must be doing a lot of cleaning... :wink:

Gordon, I love your sheltie's picture. But I have a soft spot for dogs ... and cats, too! :p

Iliah, I hear you, but don't you think that Pentax and Olympus have a (tiny) chance? I mean, they appear to have decent cameras that are getting better with an improved system (more lenses, etc...)

I think Oly is doing well; have not tried Pentax. I'm looking on other then Nikon digital camera makers because I can't mount some of my lenses on Nikon. Mostly I'm waiting for a good digital rangefinder, but I'm afraid that is nowhere soon.

Iliah said:
I think Oly is doing well; have not tried Pentax. I'm looking on other then Nikon digital camera makers because I can't mount some of my lenses on Nikon. Mostly I'm waiting for a good digital rangefinder, but I'm afraid that is nowhere soon.

Iliah :

The closest I've seen to that is the putative Leica digital back (http://www.leica-camera.com/produkte/rsystem/digitalmodul/index_e.html ) but I haven't actually seen one "in the wild" as yet. Don't know as to when we'll see one either...

A great temptation for me, as I've always had a very soft spot for Leica equipment (and there was someone here recently selling off exactly the body that I'd need for this back).

John P.

Latest threads

Top Bottom