Should i buy this Nikon D3500 bundle or buy the additional gears apart?

Hello there,
I'm tired of the limited use of the phone camera and finally, I'm very excited to buy the Nikon D3500 bundle but I saw many reviews saying that these bundles contain very low quality and useless accessories. I made my research and found this bundle depending on this post
  1. Nikon D3500 DX-Format DSLR Camera
  2. AF-P 18-55mm VR Lens
  3. 70-300mm Lens
  4. Camera Case
  5. Focus Digital Slave Flash
  6. 55mm 2.2 Telephoto Lens
  7. 55mm 0.43 Wide Angle Lens
  8. SanDisk 64GB Ultra SD Card
  9. 55mm UV/CPL/ND Filter Kit
this bundle's price is $496.95 I have two options, either buy the bundle or buy it apart. Which one is the best deal?

Hello there,
I'm tired of the limited use of the phone camera and finally, I'm very excited to buy the Nikon D3500 bundle but I saw many reviews saying that these bundles contain very low quality and useless accessories. I made my research and found this bundle depending on this post
  1. Nikon D3500 DX-Format DSLR Camera
  2. AF-P 18-55mm VR Lens
  3. 70-300mm Lens
  4. Camera Case
  5. Focus Digital Slave Flash
  6. 55mm 2.2 Telephoto Lens
  7. 55mm 0.43 Wide Angle Lens
  8. SanDisk 64GB Ultra SD Card
  9. 55mm UV/CPL/ND Filter Kit
this bundle's price is $496.95 I have two options, either buy the bundle or buy it apart. Which one is the best deal?
Blue is usable stuff.
Yellow is marginal
Red is typically overpriced / over-valued / useless / worthless junk / fluff / filler.

The version of the 70-300 that you want is the 70-300 AF-P Dx lens WITH VR.

I have no idea what this refers to:

55mm 2.2 Telephoto Lens
55mm 0.43 Wide Angle Lens

Nikon doesn't make anything like those. They must be filters of some sort and not lenses.

The version of the 70-300 that you want is the 70-300 AF-P Dx lens WITH VR.

I have no idea what this refers to:

55mm 2.2 Telephoto Lens
55mm 0.43 Wide Angle Lens

Nikon doesn't make anything like those. They must be filters of some sort and not lenses.
Those cheap, useless screw-on 'wide-angle- and 'telephoto' adapters from the 60's.

I was not familiar with those. I'm sure they're useless.

They're just cheap glass that is supposed to give you 0.55x wide angle or 2.2x telephoto. In reality, the WA give you, at best, 0.9x, and the tele 1.2x. The WA adapter vignettes like heck, and the tele converter turns your corners to mush.

The 70-300 is most likely the cheaper version WITHOUT Vibration Reduction / VR (Image Stabilization).
Today, for most people, VR should be mandatory in a long lens. It helps to stabilize the lens, making it easier to get sharper pictures. The manufacturers, both Nikon and Canon, bundle the NON-VR version of the lens into those kits to hit a low target price, not to give the customer a lens that is easy to use.

I would not bother with that lens, and instead would buy the VR version.
IOW I would NOT buy that kit.

Last edited:
You might want to mention the dealer, sounds a little fishy to me. Be sure the camera and lenses are Nikon USA otherwise you will have trouble getting service. There are some decent dealers that offer "kits" but it is also a tactic used by less than reputable dealers to up their profits. The last camera purchase I researched showed the individual price of all the items in the kit when added up came out less than the price they were charging for the kit. And this from a reputable dealer.

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom