1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Should I...Consider a 35-70...

Discussion in 'Lens Lust' started by grt_napa, Aug 25, 2008.

1. ...as an alternative to my 18-135 for walk around use? The 18-135 has served me well but I continue to read rave reviews about the 35-70? Or should the 28-105 be considered as an alternative. My use is strictly casual in nature - walking around town - or in the back seat ov the car in the event I stumble across a moment I would like to capture.

I am not unhappy with the 18-135 - but I have developed an awareness of the drop off in sharpness vis-a-vis my MF lenses within that range.

Thanks, Gordon

2. mosier

mosier

Apr 29, 2008
    NYC
    Honestly, I think with all the primes you have the 18-135 is a great all purpose lens. If you need a low light lens for the back seat use that 50 or even the 35. I have a 35-70mm f/2.8 D that I love for portraits and I recently picked up a 17-55 which has been stuck on my camera since I got it. But for those quick moments I think the 18-135 is a great performer. Don't let NAS bite you!!!!! :) 

3. Nuteshack

Nuteshack Guest

i think u need a d700 ...;-)

4. The 35-70mm f/2.8 lens is sweet. If the focal length works for you and what/where/how you shoot then it's a great lens. I love mine and it never lets me down.

5. I agree with Robert that the 35-70 2.8 is a very nice lens. Of course I bought it used and didn't pay too much for it. I don't know what it goes for now or if it is still available. It is versatile and reliable. It seems to give me more pleasing shots than any other lens I have in my small and limited collection.
    Here are a few taken with it.
    _DSC0043.gif
    Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

View attachment 242792
    View attachment 242793
    View attachment 242794

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.