Should I consider a new TV?

I was ready to order one of these last night but decided to wait until I tried getting audio through the stereo with the optical connection from the TV and I haven't succeeded yet.
Got it.

I'm too embarrassed to admit why it wasn't working.

So now I get TV sound through the audio system when it is on, but through the TV speakers when the audio system is off. With the optical-audio splitter Mitchell has recommended I should be able to get the TV sound through the audio system speakers and directly to my hearing aids simultaneously.

This may be my final post to this thread.

I got the optical audio splitter that Mitch recommended and connected it into the system a few minutes ago. I'm happy to report that everything now works as I envisioned. I can get sound from the TV speakers, sound from the audio system, and sound to my Bluetooth hearing aid adapter, in almost any combination. (The only thing I can't get would be sound from the audio system and the TV speakers at the same time, but I can't imagine why I would ever want to do that.)

And I am getting more enamored of the top-notch picture from the new TV.

Anybody want an 11-year-old 40-inch Sony Bravia XBR that still works fine? :)

And last but far from least, many thanks to all of you who commented and helped enlighten me.

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom