should I do it?

And the lenses are so fine and so small!

Heard good stuff about the viewfinders, but the pocketability of these things is what's really interesting. The 50, 28 and 35 are all tiny too! I do not get why people haul around a D3 for a hobby :confused:
Stuff is so cheap too! I promised myself not to buy filters and more lenses before I actually decide I like the camera...but crap it's hard :tongue:

Well, it's here! Very nice condition, hardly any wear visible just some dust in the viewfinder and the lens. And the lightseals are gone, but thats an easy fix. In fact, it's a bit cleaner than my FE. There's even some action from the lightmeter.
First impression: I miss feadback in the viewfinder like shutterspeed and aperture, but the needle is nice and the viewfinder in general is big and bright. The splitprism is tiny though. The shuttercurtains look flimsy compared to the FE, but it also does not sound like a shotgun which is a plus.
Heck, it's a class less tough and luxurious than the FE, but if everything actually works, I could very well grow to love this camera!

Glad you like it.

You should be able to mirror your Nikon kit fairly cheaply. Beside the primes you mentioned, they did quite a nice 75-150/4.

Let us know how you get on.

Yes it is very tempting to do jus that. However, I'm primarily eying the 35mm and 28mm: both tiny, and I especially like the idea of a more moderate wideangle like the 35. I have to admit I only use the 75-150 for volleyball on the D40, hardly ever use long lenses.
After cleaning it, it is very nearly immaculate. Now to do the lightseals and see if it actually shoots. If it does, I'll pretty much be unable to not complete the set ;)

Koen, I highly recommend one of the 28mms - my favorite lens with the Oly but then again I don't mind getting up close and personal when I'm out and about! Oh, and the Zuiko short teles are sweet too! I have the 135mm lens and it's filter size is the same as my 50 and 28 - all 49mm! Most of the common Zuicko lenses are quite inexpensive but some of the more exotic ones are quite the opposite!

Latest threads

Top Bottom