Should it sound like something is loose in my Tamron 90mm lens?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by KsJET, Jul 9, 2007.

1. KsJET

KsJET

Feb 24, 2007
    MN
    I have hardly used this lens and just picked it up because I was actually considering selling it. But I hear something moving around inside. It sounds like a loose piece of something. I have never dropped it. It has only been out of the bag twice. I tested it on the camera and it works perfectly. Can someone else with this lens tell me if this is a normal sound? Or should I take it back to the shop and have it checked out?

2. KsJET

KsJET

Feb 24, 2007
    MN
    Oops, I meant to post this in lens lust. :redface: So, can anyone else with a 90mm tell me if they hear something inside when moving the lens, please? :smile:

3. eng45ine

eng45ine

May 11, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    My initial reaction is that something is actually loose or mis-aligned, in either case, I would recommend that you return it for replacement or warranty repair.

4. KsJET

KsJET

Feb 24, 2007
    MN
    Thank you. :smile: That is what I'm thinking as well. The shop is 30 minutes away and in the city, so a trip there isn't my first choice (not to mention the temptations lurking inside :rolleyes:). But I probably should have it looked at.

5. I shook mine and don't hear any loose rattling sound.
    There is a some sound, but I think that's from the the lens design with the push-pull selection of AF/MF. BUt it's a deeper sound, not like a loose piece rattling around.

6. KsJET

KsJET

Feb 24, 2007
    MN

OK, thanks! It is more pronounced when I turn it upside down - like something is sliding along the inside. Looks like it's heading back to Tamron...