1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Should it sound like something is loose in my Tamron 90mm lens?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by KsJET, Jul 9, 2007.

1. KsJET

KsJET

Feb 24, 2007
    MN
    I have hardly used this lens and just picked it up because I was actually considering selling it. But I hear something moving around inside. It sounds like a loose piece of something. I have never dropped it. It has only been out of the bag twice. I tested it on the camera and it works perfectly. Can someone else with this lens tell me if this is a normal sound? Or should I take it back to the shop and have it checked out?

2. KsJET

KsJET

Feb 24, 2007
    MN
    Oops, I meant to post this in lens lust. :redface: So, can anyone else with a 90mm tell me if they hear something inside when moving the lens, please? :smile:

3. eng45ine

eng45ine

May 11, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    My initial reaction is that something is actually loose or mis-aligned, in either case, I would recommend that you return it for replacement or warranty repair.

4. KsJET

KsJET

Feb 24, 2007
    MN
    Thank you. :smile: That is what I'm thinking as well. The shop is 30 minutes away and in the city, so a trip there isn't my first choice (not to mention the temptations lurking inside :rolleyes: ). But I probably should have it looked at.

5. Tosh

Tosh

May 6, 2005
    NY
    I shook mine and don't hear any loose rattling sound.
    There is a some sound, but I think that's from the the lens design with the push-pull selection of AF/MF. BUt it's a deeper sound, not like a loose piece rattling around.

6. KsJET

KsJET

Feb 24, 2007
    MN

OK, thanks! It is more pronounced when I turn it upside down - like something is sliding along the inside. Looks like it's heading back to Tamron...

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.