Show Me: 10.5mm f/2.8 Fisheye Shots

Discussion in 'Lens Lust' started by Jeff Fillmore, Jul 30, 2007.

1. Well I gave up getting one on the for sale forum when I missed three in a row and my WTB post yielded nothing. So I bought a new one today. I should have it in a couple days but would love to see some examples now to tide me over. :wink:

2. OK, here are some I have posted here. This lens is lots of fun...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

This one is how NOT to make a pano. Four shots.
    [​IMG]

From Mt. Rainier
    [​IMG]

3. ultimind

ultimind

May 13, 2007
    Cleveland, OH
    823790231_7740542fe3_b.

4. The day I brought home my new Honda

Odyssey_5695.

Odyssey_5696.

Odyssey_5694.

5. I recently bought one too! I was a bit dismayed at first to see that it didn't have as much distortion as I was expecting. As Ed's shot above shows, you can make things look "almost" normal. It took me some playing and learning to feel more comfortable with this lens, and to understand how/when to use it. :smile:

Bridge in New Hope, PA

Rail car
    View attachment 108771

Rocks on the beach
    View attachment 108772

Waves at the beach
    View attachment 108773

6. Gretchen, you little devil you--those last 2 shots of yours have me lusting after one!~ How can I afford one--first there is the 17-55, then the 70-200, and of course the 200-400, and a new ballhead, and then. . . . .

But seriously, awesome shots!

7. I guess I am the only one here that is not thrilled from the Fisheye effect...

8. gaopa

gaopa

Jun 30, 2006
    NE Georgia
    I really thought I wanted the 10.5 Nikkor fisheye; however, in the end, I decided to get the 12-24/4 Nikkor instead. Oh man, am I glad I did! I use my 12-24 all the time and if I have distortion that shows on the wide end I can easily correct that with my PS plug-in PT lens. Some of the shots shown on this thread are really nice, but I personally don't care for the distorted look that the fisheye lens can give if one is not careful. Just my view. Cheers, Bill P.

9. Bill,

I would respectfully point out that for most people, the distortion IS the reason for the lens, and it has nothing to do with "being careful." It's an intentionally created, and desired look. :smile:

10. Absolutely true. Distortion can be what it is about. In fact I had been thinking about a true fisheye. 180 degrees in a full circle.

11. American

American

Dec 20, 2006
  12. sylwesterski

sylwesterski

Jul 25, 2006
    Seattle,WA
    I love this lens, it's my favorite.

Seattle09-17-06207Medium.

13. Very nice images all- I definately got the lens for the fish-eye effect which I find very dramatic. It's coming today according to FedEx so I'm happy.

14. Here's one taken by one of my partners for a wedding...

[​IMG]

15. adrianaitken

adrianaitken Guest

Does my bum look big ? Naw, it's the fisheye effect :smile:

16. Wheee- What fun. Can't wait to try it out somewhere...

[​IMG]

17. Fishin' on the dam

Last edited by a moderator: May 11, 2008
  18. That is an AWESOME shot!!!!!!!