Show me the money (300 2.8VR)

Discussion in 'Lens Lust' started by Doug, Apr 16, 2007.

1. Doug

Doug

Jan 17, 2006
    East TN
    Or the money shots with your 300 2.8VR with or without TC attached, please specify...

Can't wait to see what anyone has!

Doug
    smokymountainsgallery.com

2. Donzo98

Donzo98

Nov 10, 2005
    Merrick, NY
    Sounds like something is coming in the mail....:biggrin: :biggrin:

3. Doug

Doug

Jan 17, 2006
    East TN
    Soon, ver soon thanks to Joe C.! Can't wait! Poor Joe has to make do with a 400 2.8 now. lol.

Doug
    SmokyMountainsGallery.com

4. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Look at Mike Mac's pics in sports photography forum

5. [​IMG]

[​IMG]

A couple that I got at the Duck Pond in Huntsville when there with the gang.... both shot with the 300mm f/2.8 lens without a TC. I haven't processed my photos yet that I shot of the GBH at Guntersville Dam; in those I did use a 1.4x TC. There are more photos in the Nikon Cafe gallery at http://photos.talihar.net and also in the Special Sessions 3rd Annual Nikon Cafe Gathering Photo Galleries thread here....

6. Doug

Doug

Jan 17, 2006
    East TN
    nice pix pix... (redundant I know) Someone is getting ready to flip 5000 posts too!

Thanks Gale.

Still wanting landscapes, animal shots, shots of ferris wheels, whatever. :)

Doug

7. The VR is too rich for my blood! =) I'll get one when I turn 25. I have some shots with the 300 2.8 AF-S II if you're curious though...

8. I'll bite. This was the first pic with my 300mm, f2.8 VR

[​IMG]

9. Took me a minute to realize what you meant and then I glanced at my avatar and my post count. Oh, wow!!!! 5000 posts -- who'd have thunk it?! Glad you drew my attention to this, as it's not normally something I think about. Wow!!! I'm about to hit 5000 posts!!!

(Of course it'll take me a LONG time to ever catch up to Gale! :biggrin: )

10. Doug

Doug

Jan 17, 2006
    East TN
    nice eagle Mitch, still looks a little oof, or am I seeing things today?

Connie, yeah, nobody can catch the Galestar Express. You post 10 posts, she's posted 25. She's on a plain all her on. Got to run, team meeting, blah, yuck...

11. gvk

gvk

Jun 17, 2005
    Mystic, CT
    I have only had the 300 mm f/2.8 VR for a few months. I went through the usual comparison process with the 200-400 f/4 VR, but quickly decided that I needed f/2.8 for sports more than the zoom and extra reach, and I have not been disappointed.

Here is a shot with the 300 mm VR at f/2.8 showing pain and determination during the final lap of the Men's mile at a college indoor track meet held at the New Balance Track and Field Center at the 168th Street Armory in NY in late February.

[​IMG]

This shot of my son landing a Cessna 152 during a flying lesson was taken at Danbury Airport in CT.

[​IMG]

This White-breasted Nuthatch posed at a feeder in my yard for the 300 mm at about 2.5 m.

[​IMG]

The 300 mm f/2.8 also works very well with both the TC-14E and TC17E. A Cardinal with the 300 mm f/2.8 VR + TC-14EII.

[​IMG]

A Downey Woodpecker with the 300 mm f/2.8 VR + TC-17EII.

[​IMG]

12. bfjr

bfjr Guest

How about old MF style ?? :biggrin:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

13. Doug

Doug

Jan 17, 2006
    East TN
    Gerry! Ben!, very nice shots, thanks for sharing!

14. Frank207be

Frank207be

Mar 11, 2006
    Belgium
    I just bought one

I just bought the AFS VR 300mm f2.8G to replace my good old AFS 300mm f2.8 mk.1 which obviously will be sold now.

I will have a sad time parting with that oldie though, as it was the most awesome purchase in 2005 and it still is a fantastic optical tool. I have extremely good memories with this nice hunk of glass :smile:

15. eng45ine

eng45ine

May 11, 2005
    Chicago, IL
  16. bfjr

bfjr Guest

Sell When? and How Much ?

17. The short time I owned it (about 30 days) I got a few decent shots out of it. I miss it ;~((

[​IMG]

18. gvk

gvk

Jun 17, 2005
    Mystic, CT
    Frank, I love the 3 pelicans in formation. Tried to get a shot like that a couple of weeks ago in CA, but the birds were not into precision flying! The separation between players and background in your BB shots is the main reason that I finally broke down and got this lens. I sure hate you guys that get to shoot these fun sports in the sunshine! An outdoor track meet that I planned to shoot last Sunday was postponed by the complete washout here.

19. eng45ine

eng45ine

May 11, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    So sorry about your NorEaster Gerry, just another of Mother Nature's bad moods I guess.

20. Doug

Doug

Jan 17, 2006
    East TN
    nice shots Dave and Frank! Thanks for sharing...