Show me your Man Cave!

So my wife and I just moved into a new place, and we finnally have a basement! I of course have claimed this as my man cave/studio, but now am feeling need for insperation for styling it! Since we are renting I can't acutally "finish it" but I would love to see what some other people have!

So lets see your man/women caves!

Micah

At this time, I just don't have a "man cave". I threatened my wife with doing faux rock (you can buy it in 2"x2" sheet at Lowe's and Home Depot) along the walls and ceiling of our garage to turn it into a true cave. But she vetoed that in about 6 seconds.

For now, I'm planning on having my buddy who is an amazing artist come over and do some artwork on one wall of my garage. I'm pretty stoked about that.

Until then, here's what it looks like:

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

I hate the phrase man cave!!

My basement is a wood shop... I can't bear to post pictures, it pretty much looks like a disaster right now.

Man cave!

(kinda)
42" of LG goodness
1000 watts of surround sound awesomeness
And 3 cushions of perfect "comfortness"

I see I am not the only one with an AV problem!! GH

^ you need a much bigger screen.
It's only a 37". I will probably recycle a 42 I have in the house this summer. You have to give me points for the install. All the wires are in the wall! Even the sub power. Everything is plugged into a power strip at the top left ot the TV. The power strip is plugged into the recepticle under the TV. I wanted to be able to unplug everything during bad weather. BTW, this is my garage. GH

Ha....man cave.

Here's my bachelor pad. It's all mine, to with as I please. :biggrin:

Old picture scanned from a print

Mine is mobile :)

All I've got is a small corner of a small one-bedroom, I'm afraid. Not much of a cave.

Actually, if I had a room to myself, it'd be an office anyway, rather than a tv/entertainment room.

My husband wants a man cave so he can decorate it with items that I don't want to look at every day, like dead animals!

My own little corner of the basement...my 'Man Cave'! I don't have to meet my wife's standards of 'neatness' down here, I can take as long as I want to complete a project, and I don't have to put anything away until I want to!

I find this need for a "man cave" odd. I have a great wife, kids and grandkids, not to mention a dog a parrot and 4 chickens. when I want to watch a game or have my friends over we use the entire house just as my wife does if she has her friends over. Why should I need or want some "man cave"?

I did't ask my wife to be with me forever - oh wait - except for the time the game is on - I asked her to be in every second of my life - why would I want a place to hide from her?

Sorry - JMO

so now that I have expressed my views - this is where I entertain
http://edwardneal.smugmug.com/photos/i-6t3rFGW/0/XL/i-6t3rFGW-XL.jpg
With my wife, its more she wants me out of her hair lol...I have a few loud hobbies(I play banjo, and not very well...ain't much worse than a bad banjo picker lol)....

Man Cave... here's mine, although I prefer the term "office" :wink:. I guess I'm with Edward on that one... I even built my wife a huge pull-out desk for all her scrapbooking stuff in 1/2 of the closet so we can work in the same room together! :smile:

[/url] ManCave by Fight On!, on Flickr[/IMG]

Sorry, no picture of her work station, she'd kill me 'cause it's so messy right now.
Oh, and nevermind the wacky lighting on the first pic, I was messing around with my new toys! :biggrin:
[/url] DSC_9326 by Fight On!, on Flickr[/IMG]

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom