Show Stopper

Discussion in 'Other Animals' started by Doug, May 6, 2007.

1. Doug

Doug

Jan 17, 2006
    East TN
    This little guy about stole the show as far as I was concerned. Feeding about 8 feet in front of me, letting me snap his picture with a 300 2.8. :)

[​IMG]

For the record, he was not part of the caged zoo animals, he's one of the "feeders". Squirrels, birds, chipmunks, whatever run around picking up morsels of food humans and animals drop I guess.

Here kitty, here kitty...

[​IMG]

Well, mostly they posed... One seems to have a horn problem, and the other seems to have a direction problem, lol.

[​IMG]

and lastly, a nice bit of plumage. I still need to work on ground control, getting rid of another bird's butt in the pic. As soon as I looked down where they were at, I loved the lighting on the bird's head and plume! Beautiful!

[​IMG]

2. Crowned cranes are without a doubt one of my favorite birds to photograph. Too bad I have to drive to Tampa to see them! And I happen to know that gazelles can be very sensitive about their horns, so don't make too much fun. :wink:

3. Doug

Doug

Jan 17, 2006
    East TN
    ok, we will cut the Gazelle some slack, since it's beautiful otherwise. :)

Our crowned cranes are way down away from people, I can't figure why they are so far away, but it takes 300mm, then a crop to get what I got here. Maybe they are sensitive animals? don't know otherwise why they are way down there.

4. Don't know why your zoo would put them so far away. :confused: Perhaps they are worried about people harassing them in some way.

5. Doug

Doug

Jan 17, 2006
    East TN
    Well, the zoo does some things real well, then others are like the dark ages, more like circus cages than habitats. :( I hope we continue to see exhibit improvements for not only our sake, but the animals as well. We have a great chimp and gorilla place, though I've not seen them use it much, they mostly stay inside, lol.

Our black bear habitat is excellent.