Share Show your focus-stacked images

Direct reflection can be a photography term for one use of specular reflection. However, the other uses by photographers of specular reflection are different.

Can you explain this difference? I'm just trying to understand. To me as an engineering professor who has taught light reflection and transmission at both undergraduate and graduate levels, I am not familiar with other uses of this term.

Can you explain this difference? I'm just trying to understand. To me as an engineering professor who has taught light reflection and transmission at both undergraduate and graduate levels, I am not familiar with other uses of this term.

I fear that my explanation would cause further confusion. That's because I'm lacking in your technical proficiency. Older editions of the book can be bought for about $5 plus shipping, so I recommend that you help out our economy and whip out your credit card. :ROFLMAO:

This poinsettia is a late but beautiful bloomer. My wife is calling it her Easter poinsettia.

9 image focus shift sequence, interval 3, SB-600 flash.

Stack1.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Last edited:
Lots to like, Jim, especially the diagonal of red flowers and the shadows that add depth. If you zap the tiny bright things on the fabric, you'll take it to another level.

Thanks, Mike. I did zap several but I looks like I missed a couple. I think I've gotten them all now.

Very nice. It has a richness I wasn't expecting from a flash, and no harsh contrasts.

Thanks, Nick. I had the flash set to 1/3 power and underexposed slightly.

And thanks to you, I was able to get the flash to work for this project.

Excuse the phone video and insertion of the image, video and phones are not my thing. :(

The photo was not worth doing anything with as the subject was moving in the light breeze

This is purely to show how the camera can focus in the field on small subjects and how quick it is to create a 15image in-camera focus stack.

To add to my previous post, here are a few images taken on the same outing. All 15 image in-camera focus stacks

#1 Autumn Bird-orchid
49756168512_a6c0f00ae1_b.jpg

#2 Mosquito Orchid
49756168957_1d67623309_b.jpg

#3 Mosquito Orchid
49756169002_a8ef55d8ce_b.jpg

These are gorgeous!!!
The third one of the most recent set is so superb!

Thank you both for your kind comments.

The more I use the Olympus in-camera focus stacking the more I’m liking the results.

My wife has a few Easter decorations which I’m planning on testing either the Z6 or Z7 focus bracketing on them. I’ll probably use the Z6 since I haven’t used it as yet.

It’s frustrating with the lovely Autumn weather we’re having and being stuck at home. I have been calling into one of our local reserves on a couple of occasions while traveling from work to home. Now daylight saving has finished I don’t get a lot of time after work.

I finally got to use the Z6 tonight. Taken using a table lamp to the side for lighting

Not the best of subjects or image, but at least it gave me a taste of Nikon's focus bracketing implementation. 10 image focus stack

49764565336_d868c24b9d_b.jpg

Butlerkid

Cafe Ambassador
Administrator
Real Name
Karen
Excuse the phone video and insertion of the image, video and phones are not my thing. :(

The photo was not worth doing anything with as the subject was moving in the light breeze

This is purely to show how the camera can focus in the field on small subjects and how quick it is to create a 15image in-camera focus stack.

Thanks for this. It appears you have the camera attached to a tripod leg. How is it mounted to the leg?

Superb images of the Mosquito orchid!

Latest threads

Top Bottom