Showing off the Sigma 12-24 in architecture stuff...

Discussion in 'Landscapes, Architecture, and Cityscapes' started by JPS, May 28, 2005.

1. Really having fun with this lens, on my Fuji S2 !

ANNECY, France - F:12 mm. - 1:60 @ f/8
    original.

GENEVA's fountain - F:12 mm. - 1:750 @ f/9.5
    original.

Inside Geneva's cathedral - F:12 mm. - 1" @ f/8
    original.

Detail on Geneva's cathedral - F:17 mm. - 1:350 @ f/8
    original.

Pedestrian bridge - F:12 mm. - 1:125 @ f/8
    original.

Convergence (new Rolex building in Geneva) - F:12 mm. - 1:125 @ f/8
    original.

2. obelix

obelix

Mar 17, 2005
    Fremont, CA, USA
    Jean-Pierre

Gorgous colors. Terrific eye you have there.

3. Nice shots. I've heard that this Sigma lens has very little distortion for such a WA and your architectural photos seem to bear this out; the straight lines in the structures hold up very well.

4. Hi Paul ! The only "problem" is to find THE good Sigma 12-24, as it seems that there are some serious Quality Control problems ! I had to try 3 of them before i found a "correct" one ! But i'm sure that once you found IT, you'll keep this lens for a looong time ! Ohhh and another thing, you can just as well use it on a full frame camera, wich is not the case with the other 12-24 on the market (and all the latest Nikkor DX lenses, BTW :lol: )!