Shrimp Season is about to Start

Princess has cancelled the summer. All their hotels along the Railbelt (Denali, Chulitna included) will not open this summer. Panorama Pizza, an independent in "Glitter Gulch" is already open, and giving free delivery to Healy and Cantwell. The Park is closed at this time, and there has been an ongoing question about moving the road off Polychrome Pass due to the large landslide at "Pretty Rocks" which has become much worse, dropping the road surface 8 feet in the last year. They say it would take 100 dump trucks to fill it, but the entire slope is sliding downhill, so they do not plan a temporary fix. I know several people who were able to drive through Canada to get back home, but one, a long time Alaskan with Alaska license and license plates was denied entry into Canada. He tried to enter from Washington state, the others who got through came though Montana.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
...I know several people who were able to drive through Canada to get back home, but one, a long time Alaskan with Alaska license and license plates was denied entry into Canada. He tried to enter from Washington state, the others who got through came though Montana.
Ouch. That would be a bit disconcerting. Being stranded out on the road right now would not feel good.

Great series, Dan! You have a beautiful dog, and #6 brought a big smile!
Thanks, Dossy. Glad you enjoyed the post. Between looks and personality Grace pretty much gets her way around our house. There are always harbor seals around our anchorages evenings. And sometimes they will follow us around in the kayak. Sometimes they pop up quite close and startle us. Which always throws Grace into defender mode.

Excellent series, Dan. I think those are definitely prawns, though Wikipedia says the terms have no scientific significance and are used interchangeably.
Thanks, Jim. Both NMFS and Alaska Fish and Game call them shrimp. I think restaurants call them prawns and charge twice as much. All I know is that they taste like lobster :D
Great pics and very informative, thanks for the tour of your world, you sure have a beautiful workplace.
Thanks, Tom. Not working any more. Just chillin'.

LyndeeLoo

Administrator
Administrator
I am just now seeing this post and I thoroughly enjoyed it! Each and every photo told a story, and boy, those prawns are huge! Great photos!

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom