Shutter Count question

Hi
I am looking at a gently used D300 to buy (and will end up selling my D90).
I asked the seller (local) to send me a shot so that I could check out the actual shutter count via Opanda.

Well, he sends me several .jpg files (says that they WERE shot in jpg - not RAW) but the shutter count is nowhere to be found on Opanda -( he says that these shots were NOT converted to jpg -- but shot in jpg format)

I tried it with BOTH my D90 and D700 -- and the shutter count does show up

What's up with this ?
Any suggestions would certainly be appreciated
Thanks in advance

Growltiger

Administrator
Administrator
It means that he copied the photos off the memory card using software that strips off the data you want. He should simply copy then using Windows Explorer and email them to you unchanged.

Alternatively visit him with your own CF card, take a photo and go home with the card. That way you can really be sure.

Alternatively you may ask him to send you a NEF from the camera. Maybe this raises the probability you get an unmodified NEF since applications that strip that data from the NEF are rare (or only built for that sole purpose).

I had a local seller state 3 times his camera had less than 500 actuations on it. I snapped a picture of him, pulled out the card, read it in Opanda, and it showed 7842. He squirmed so much he sold it to me for exactly half of what it was worth.

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Forum GIFs powered by GIPHY: https://giphy.com/
Copyright © Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom