Shutterbugs is closing.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Jim Strathearn, Aug 2, 2007.

1. Bad news. :Sad:

2. keirin

keirin

Dec 31, 2005
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 4, 2007
  3. Vandyu

Vandyu

May 14, 2005
    Richmond, VA
    Somehow this website got past me. Out of curiosity I went over there and was wowed. In a case like this, I wonder if anyone else would be willing to take over operation of Shutterbugs. That looks like a great website and forum, and I'm sorry I didn't find it sooner. It must take a lot of time to keep it going. I don't know about the financial aspect of running a website, but I'm saddened to see a great gathering place close its doors. But, I suppose the webmaster has already thought about the options before making the decision.:Sad:

4. Just listed...Two new co-owners! :smile:

5. Vandyu

Vandyu

May 14, 2005
    Richmond, VA
    Just read the great news about the new co-owners. Hooray for everyone who loves beautiful photography. Think I'll join and have even more great shots to look at and another wonderful web place to meet photographers from all walks of life.

6. two slow

two slow

Apr 22, 2006
    Talladega, Al
    I can't get registered:confused:

7. I just registered and it was a bit tricky as the fill-in boxes are some weird :eek: yellows and blues making it hard to review what your input was. Took me about 5 minutes or less to get registered.

Good luck!

8. Vandyu

Vandyu

May 14, 2005
    Richmond, VA
    I got registered and there was an e-mail with my username and password from the website. It said the webmaster had to give the final OK, and I would get another e-mail as soon as everything is finished.

9. The new owners are are already working the site, I just recieved an email from them letting me know I won best of class for the month of July in the scenic category.

10. two slow

two slow

Apr 22, 2006
    Talladega, Al
    I still haven't gotten my confirmation e-mail.