Shuttered coal-fired generating station in Alexandria, Virginia

Real Name
Bill Walderman
This shuttered generating station makes a good subject for photography. This is from 2018:

42836347510_ceec9d3def_c.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Once again, I forgot to change the ISO.

I worked at 3 different coal fired generating stations all owned by the same company (Nisource) over the course of more than 40 yrs. I retired when they closed the 2nd station. I had planned on working another year but by choosing retirement, I received severance pay that was nearly equal to a years pay. With that said, to keep this photography related, no cameras were allowed on property. On my last 30 days, I brought a camera to record my work environment. What are they going to do? Fire me?

Real Name
Bill Walderman
I worked at 3 different coal fired generating stations all owned by the same company (Nisource) over the course of more than 40 yrs. I retired when they closed the 2nd station. I had planned on working another year but by choosing retirement, I received severance pay that was nearly equal to a years pay. With that said, to keep this photography related, no cameras were allowed on property. On my last 30 days, I brought a camera to record my work environment. What are they going to do? Fire me?
Share some of those images with us, Jeep!

I really like the B&W version. I wish that light wasn't so bright. Can't you do anything with PP to make it look may be a bit greyish and less distracting? May be some cloning or If you have selective color adjustments in your software it might help too.

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom