1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Sidelit Daisies [3]

Discussion in 'Macro, Flowers, Insects, and Greenery' started by Kevin_d50, Aug 13, 2008.

1. Not sure if these will appeal, I found them quite interesting as an off camera flash lighting experiment.

#1 - Flash from below and left shooting up into the petals of the flowers. The see thru effect of the overlapping petals adds quite a nice quality to this shot for me.

DSC_4637.

#2 - The leading, in focus petals are rendered close to shadow here, with just enough colour definition to make them part of the arrangement. I liked the play of bright white, very dark, and then the normal tones of the other petals behind.

DSC_4663ns.

#3 -
    DSC_4650.

Just trying to have fun here :) 
    --
    Kevin - Photos 'n Prose: http://the-photo-muse.blogspot.com/

2. #1 is really super Kevin. Very nice series as always, though I miss the poetry...

3. LOL Rich! Will try to get back into that soon :) )

4. Hovmod

Hovmod

Aug 11, 2008
    Norway
    Very nice.
    I thought you misspelled 'satellite dishes', but you had indeed spelled 'sidelit daisies' and I like them better anyway. :lol:

5. thanks tor :) 

6. #2 is my favorite, nice lighting.

7. LindaZ

LindaZ

Jul 29, 2007
    Wilmington, NC
    I like #1 but love #2... not sure I am fond of the composition of #3.

8. Thanks Phil, just playing around with some flash there :) 

9. thanks there Linda!

10. #2 is superb. Nice use of the aperture.

11. kevin,
    i think that these are great

like watercolor paintings
    very well done

thanks for sharing

12. Kevin these are so creative and lovely. I do like them, very much. The first one is my favorite, very subtle color and pleasing over all.

13. thanks again everone! Most kind of you all.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.