Sidney Lanier Bridge

Sunset over Brunswick and the Sidney Lanier Bridge from a marsh on the way to Saint Simons Island.

JW_20081127_0044-1.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Gorgeous image!

Friends recently told me that they've bought property at St Simon's Island, and will be moving there once the house has actually been built. I'm already looking forward to eventually going down there to visit!
Thank you Connie...Probably one of our favorite places and have been spending Thanksgiving week on the island for the last 35 years. We've been looking at both St Simons and St Augustine for retirement but haven't found the right property yet. Try to arrange your visits in the fall or spring, lots more wildlife and not as crowded.

Real Name
Walter Rowe
I agree with the other comments. This is a really special image. Well conceived and executed. I just looked at the map of that area. With no roads close to the water I am now intrigued and curious to know how you got to this location. Were you in a boat? Did you walk across the marsh?

Last edited:
I agree with the other comments. This is a really special image. Well conceived and executed. I just looked at the map of that area. With no roads close to the water I am now intrigued and curious to know how you got to this location. Were you in a boat? Did you walk across the marsh?
Thanks Walter...no boat or water shoes...the F.J. Torras Causeway connects St Simons Island to the mainland and runs through the Marsh. Before ending on St Simon’s it crosses the Mackay River and the small Lanier Island where the marina is located. If you get of as if going into the marina but take a immediate right there is a road that goes back west towards the Mackay river. From the parking lot you have the distant view of Brunswick, the bridge and then the intercoastal before you.

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Forum GIFs powered by GIPHY: https://giphy.com/
Copyright © Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom