Sigh!......Patiently waiting for Spring.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Rich Gibson, Feb 24, 2005.

1. This was on the 5th......and then it snowed some more today!
    Rich

2. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    Hey Rich, I'm *trying* to be patient, but it ain't easy.... :?

Come on spring.... :wink:

Frank

3. Larry Gleason

Larry Gleason

Jan 26, 2005
    Rough here too. Almost 80 degrees on Tuesday and Wednesday but 50 today. I do see two Tulip trees blooming. A good sign!?!

4. Baywing

Baywing

Feb 22, 2005
    CT USA
    I'd like it your kind of rough, Larry. We had 6" snow Monday, 8" more last night and they say maybe 10-12 more Monday. I'd like to say I'm patiently waiting for spring, but I'd be lying, something my Momma told me not to do! Remember that cartoon of the two vultures sitting in a tree waiting for something to die? Caption reads: Patience my *ss, I'm going to kill something! Comes a time when you just can't wait anymore, in this case, it's out of our hands, so I'll just have to go with it. On the up side, I went by this wonderful scene this morning on the way into work. Two old farm tractors parked next to a silo. Snow covered, early morning light, wonderful. Where was my camera, you ask? It's at Nikon, of course. Yeh, I know, I should at least carry the Coolpix.....go ahead, beat on me, I deserve it..... 8)

5. Good picture

Look like a greenway I have been too in Madison, Alabama.

6. NeilCam

NeilCam

Feb 21, 2005
    Ottawa, Ontario
    Ohhhhh, I just could NOT resist ....

Not a great shot, but this is Central/Northern California from over 2 weeks ago - from the bottom of my driveway looking up:

[​IMG]

Somehow, I have a strong feeling that this will come back to haunt me and I'll be <cross thread reference>hoisted on my own petard</cross thread reference>.

Neil