1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Sigma 1.4x TC question

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Sole Shooter, Aug 15, 2009.

1. Sole Shooter

Sole Shooter

Sep 20, 2007
    So. Cal.
    I have a question about the functionality of a Sigma 1.4x teleconverter I bought used. Anyway, I took it out of it's pouch and was going to mount it onto my D80. I noticed the aperature lever on the camera side moves freely from side to side (in a circular movement) with no resistance. Now the lens side offers resistance when I move it from side to side with my finger. Is this functioning correctly? Is the back lever broken or is this normal? I don't own a Sigma lens yet to try it out so I had to ask.

Thanks,

Rob

2. A TC doesn't have an aperture lever. Please explain further.

A Sigma TC will not work with most non-Sigma lenses as the contacts pass data to the lens a bit differently than Nikon or Kenko TCs do.

3. I think he means the lever that connect the lens' aperture lever to the camera's actuating arm.

--

OP, if you mount a lens on the TC and manually move the control lever, does the lens' iris move as expected?

Perhaps there is just a little extra movement on the camera side for tolerance?

4. Sole Shooter

Sole Shooter

Sep 20, 2007
    So. Cal.
    Yes, that is it. Sorry about my bad description. I don't have a compatible Sigma lens to try it out yet but I believe your answer to be correct. Anyway, I'm planning on getting a Sigma 100-300 f4 real soon, so I'll know then.

Thanks for the repies guys.

Rob

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.